The Beginning of Fatherhood

AN- This Hero 108 AU takes place in more modern times, the year this chapter is in being 1998. Li Shen is No Hands, and he's 25 at this time. Apetrully is 21 and Woo is 22. Sorry if this is bad!

The sky was a pure white mixed with spots of gray, and it seemed like it was going to storm soon. Of course, now of all times to get another storm was just fantastic. It's not like people were trying to do important work or anything! Why now?!

These were the thoughts going through the mind of Li Shen as he sat in the mission area of Big Green, papers scattered about on the table. Normally he wouldn't of liked things to be so cluttered, but after all the sleep he'd lost lately he lost his ability to care. Apetrully told the young man several times that he shouldn't push himself too hard, but if Big Green were to be successful then he needed to push his limits!

Big Green had only been properly established two months ago, but li shen had worked with Apetrully since the beginning of the Commander's plan. Apetrully had asked for help from human and animal warriors with making peace between humans and animals, and Li Shen was one of the first to join. Li Shen had only been out of the military action for a year, but something inside told him that joining Big Green was the right thing to do. This call for help by Apetrully was made 6 months ago, and while Big Green had developed rapidly, Li Shen was still worried that it wouldn't be enough. Highroller was so powerful, Apetrully was still trying to earn approval of all the major world leaders, Apetrully would get captured and then would need to be saved, there was so much paperwork to fill out for the governments of the world to read-

"General Green, this is the last time I'm asking you, take a break."
Li Shen's work was interrupted by the sudden voice of his commander, who he slowly looked over to.

"But Commander-"
Li Shen couldn't even finish his sentence before Apetrully walked over and took the blue pen right out of his hand.

"I can take care of the rest of this, I need more to do on a stormy day like this anyway."
Apetrully said, placing a hand on Li Shen's shoulder.

"Please, Li Shen."
The young man was surprised that Apetrully used his real name, he only did it when he was being really serious. He was so tempted to just go and sleep, but the commander and Woo were already so tired and-

"I know that you're worried about me, but I'll be fine! Don't worry!"
Apetrully said reassuringly.

Damn, that man is good at reading people sometimes. Admittedly, he wasn't always good at it, hence why he got captured so easily, but the skill was at least somewhat there.

Li Shen simply stared at his commander for a moment, knowing that arguing with him any further would be pointless, and slowly got up from his seat. He walked through Big Green's hallways to his room, and was pulled to his bed like a magnet was to metal. He didn't even bother to change or get under covers, he was out like a light within seconds. Before he drifted off, he thought to himself "maybe Apetrully has a good point, this is too much."

Hours of sleep passed by like minutes, and the knock on his door was what woke him up. He checked his clock, and realized that he had slept for almost 24 hours. Yeah, he definitely wasn't gonna push him like that again anytime soon, or ever again for that matter. He said that he'd be there in a second as he put on new clothes and washed up in the bathroom connected to his room. When he opened his door, Apetrully and Woo were waiting for him.

"Someone is here to speak with us Li Shen, I suggest eating something before you join us though, you've been asleep for so long!"
Apetrully said in a concerned tone of voice.

Please don't let this be another draining meeting. Li Shen thought to himself as he simply nodded, then headed over to the dining hall in a hurry. Once he was finished, he found Apetrully and Woo in the meeting room with a man he'd never seen before. He didn't look like a government official, he actually looked more like a wise old man. He had long robes on, and something about him just seemed...different. Not evil different, just...different.
"Greetings, General Green. My name is Míngzhì de, and I'm here for a very important reason."