III. God Awful Gryffindors

𝖌𝖔𝖉 𝖆𝖜𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖌𝖗𝖞𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖘god awful gryffindorsact i, scene iv

god awful gryffindors
act i, scene iv

𝖌𝖔𝖉 𝖆𝖜𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖌𝖗𝖞𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖘god awful gryffindorsact i, scene iv

"𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑨 𝑫𝑶𝑰𝑵'?"

She jumped, straight out of the armchair, her entire body flailing as she turned around to face a boy, on the taller side, with copper hair falling just past his ears— he was strange looking... however he did have nice eyes. Crystal couldn't help but visually interrogate the boy. It's not as if she'd never seen him before, because she'd seen everyone at this school several times in the hall or some other place, it's just that she couldn't seem to remember ever encountering this one. He was Gryffindor, judging by the burgundy robes and his nerve to speak to her. Not many people beheld the courage to interact with the Hogwarts' estranged ice queen. Most were... well to be honest, far too intimidated. It's not her fault that she'd been born with a killer RBF.

But for real, it was kinda shocking that he'd outright surprised her like that with such a simple phrase. Everyone knew, even the first years, never expose yourself to the wrath of Crystal Kovalevsky, queen bitch of Slytherin, or she'll "chop your guts and feed them to her cobra!" Which was total bullshit! Not the cobra— the chop your guts part. Her Cobra, Chandler (named after the iconic Matthew Perry) was anything but scary. Put aside the occasional hiss and flash of his fangs, he was about as sweet as honey, most nights cuddling up next to her on her pillow as she slept. It's not as if anyone would ever find out that she'd snuck in her beloved sidekick, who also happened to possess a killer poison in his fangs. She can only imagine how much trouble she would be in. Chandler was no normal 'pet', — she preferred the word friend— however Crystal was no normal girl. Having an Owl or a cat would simply never do. The Slytherin had owned her snake from the day of her sixth birthday, and refused to submit to Hogwarts idiotic rules about safety. Safety was the least of her concerns... Safety was for the anxious.

Anyways! The rumour that Crystal would chop up your guts and feed them to her Cobra was fake, (people didn't actually think she owned a snake, but she did, so she supposed the rumour to be partly true if she ever went bonkers and chopped up someone's guts) Many students didn't talk to her, as if there was an unsaid rule or something. And here this Gryffindor boy was, chewing on a stick of liquorice and flashing her the cheesiest of smiles.

God, it was infuriating to feel out of place in your own territory!

The boy was giving her weird juju. Not necessarily bad juju— just weird. Her mother preached the importance of juju, whatever it even meant, since infancy. Crystal looked him up and down, tucking her hair behind her ear as it fell in front of her face. Fred smiled. She was trying desperately hard to be mean, but it just wouldn't work on him. How? She had no idea. Perhaps it was because he could care less, perhaps it was because he knew she was a fraud, and the reality was that she was soft inside. She doubted it was the latter.

"What are you doing?" She scoffed, crossing her arms and trying her very best to maintain her cool girl attitude— like she hadn't just embarrassed herself to the worst extreme by jumping out of her seat so suddenly. Any normal girl would've blushed, though we've established Crystal Kovalevsky is no normal girl. It was easier to put on an angry face and play it off as the boy standing in front of her's mistake.

The boy shrugged, glancing around the library, then wavering his lively sage eyes back to her. She didn't like it, how his attention was not solely focused on her, she wasn't used to it. His lips had twitched up into a curt smile, his eyes studying her expression carefully. "I'm talking to a friend in the library? And you?"

Crystal was appalled. A friend? As if.

She doesn't respond, standing up out of her seat and casting a glance around the room, looking for another spot to sit, away from the boy. She was going to go back to the dungeons, put on a face mask, change into her silk versace pyjamas, and eat her weight in pop tarts. No way in hell would she spend a second longer frolicking with the likes of a Gryffindor. Bleh.

"Hey Diamond! Get back here! I'm trying to have a conversation here." Fred brought his hands around his mouth as he yelled across the library, amplifying his taunting voice to the maximum. He didn't know why, however; for whatever reason it was, his first ever encounter with the Slytherin had left him beyond intrigued. He could already imagine the possible pranks he could terrorize her with! He'd heard many things of Crystal Kovalevsky, from Ron and his friends. She was, after all, younger than him. Their stories seem to haven proven true. As Harry had put it 'Crystal Kovalevsky is a snotty girl who looks down on everyone from up on her high horse!' But there had to be a catch! There was always a catch with the bitter people of the world.

Shouldn't he be eating with the rest of those god-awful Gryffindors? Of course he isn't— he's a weirdo. She had the answers to all of her own questions.

Crystal flipped him off. "It's Crystal." She snapped, looking back at the obnoxious boy. He fell victim to her I-want-you-out-of-my-sight glare, though made no further action to do as she desired. He merely cocked a quizzical brow. She was one second away from an explosion of fury. First, he outright talks to her (ok, she knew that made her sound like a bitch— but in her defence it was a generally known fact that she only talked to her friends) and now he decides to call her Diamond, as if he didn't know her actual name? Surely he did. Everyone knew her name! She was Crystal Kovalevsky. Hogwarts' bitchier, brunette version of Princess Diana!

Who fucking cared about Hermione anymore— she didn't have the time, or the patience, to deal with this dimwit, while waiting for the girl who should have show up already. Didn't she know better than to keep a Kovalevsky waiting? Apparently not. She pursed her glossy pink lips and rolled her eyes. People were excruciatingly annoying! And by people, she meant Gryffindors. At this point she had a killer headache trudging through her brain, which would have been totally avoidable if not for the disruptions she had to deal with.

"Right, Crystal. I totally knew that." He laughed, shoving his hands into his pockets as he watched her disappear into the corridor.

"Who the hell was that?" George appeared next to him, having returned from his kitchen raid with a bag of assorted lollies. Fred whips his head around, caught by surprise while distracted. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Hermione, Ron's good friend, and shot her a wave. She appeared to be looking for someone as she surveyed the library, though he brushed it off and turned his attention back to George.

His eyebrows shoot up. "That," Fred snorts. "Was Crystal Kovalevsky."

"Hmm." George hums, setting the bag down against the table. "How shall we torment her?" He grins. The two twins know each other like the back of their hand's. They know that they both love a good game. They know what they want to accomplish.

He smirks cynically. "About that — I'd been meaning to tell you . . . "