Chapter 7. Ashton

Pain had begun bellowing in my ears as my entire body throbbed in agonising anguish. Every inch of skin twinged at the reminisce of what had occurred only a few hours ago. The fight I had agreed to partake in had finished, I won like I said I would, and paid off my debt. Taking in a small profit on the process.

Laying helplessly on the grey sheets of my bed I couldn't quite comprehend the absolute battering that I had undergone. A white washcloth sat next to me soaked in blood, a small extent of the damage I had taken. There is only one person who I truly needed at this present moment; Olivia, and she was on her way over right now.

She sounded pissed off on the phone, probably the repercussions of yet another argument with her 'perfect' fiancé. She knew my feelings about him, yet I would be told every last excruciating detail; which would only make me hate him even more then I already did.

"Ashton?" A voice calls out from the hallway. An oh so familiar one that made my heart race. I still never understood my infatuation with this woman who I should be thinking of as a sister, not thinking about how it would be like being inside of her. Because that is all I wanted. Her. All of her.

"I'm in here!" I call back, her presence noticeable by the slight gasp she let out, presumably at the sight of me.

"What the hell happened?" Her eyes widening in shock as they look me up and down. "Ash, don't tell me you've been fighting again? I thought we talked about this before" her expression softening as she sat at my side; the bed shifting slightly.

"I had no choice" I pause for a moment, sitting up properly to look at her. She was as beautiful as ever, those green eyes piercing mine with hair falling perfectly in order to frame her face. Why did I have to be in love with her. "I had debts to pay, and it's easy money"

"It's only easy if you win, and by the looks of things you look as though you lost" her lips pursing, trying not to smile.

"You should see the other guy" I smirk at her, before taking one of her hands in my own. The look on her face that of slight shock at my actions. "Thank you for coming. You don't know what it means to me, having someone who cares."

Our eyes locked onto one and other, a moment of simplistic bliss where it felt as though time had stopped just to allow us this moment together.

"I'll always be here for you Ashton, even when nobody else is" her eyes glazing slighting as if tears had begun to prick at them. The grip on my hand tightened as she squeezed it, I took this as a reassuring sign.

My fingers play with the engagement ring wrapped around her petit finger. All I wanted to do was rip it off and throw it down the toilet; but I couldn't do that. She wasn't mine and never will be, and all I could do in this situation was always be there for her. Even when nobody else would.

"Theres three grand in the brown envelope on the kitchen table. Take it and use it for the wedding" I state, choking on my words as I try to clear the lump in my throat.

"Don't be stupid Ash, that's far too much money. Besides I don't think there will be a wedding at this rate anyway" a small sigh escapes her lips as she takes her hand from mine, in order to see her engagement ring.

"Why? What's happened?" I tried to hide the excitement in my voice. Wondering what that fiancé of hers had done.

"He's always out, every time I ask him to do something he just doesn't care. I asked him to make dinner tonight because I was at my dads, and when I get home he's out with Luke and Calum again" a tear rolls down her cheek, and using my outstretched hand I make an attempt to stop it in its tracks.