The news and the trust

I woke up by the sound of the phone ringing. I rubbed my eyes in confusion. I picked up the phone. 

"Hallo?" I said sleepily.

"Hi, Sakina! How are you? The deep male voice asked. Abbas.

"Oh! Hi Abbas, you just woke me up from my nap," I mumbled in anger and frustration.

"I have good news! Laila is coming home!" Abbas sounded so tired yet so happy.

"Great! I'll make sure to invite the whole neighborhood of her arrival!" I lied sarcastically. 

"Okay grumpy! Your mom, Laila, and I are almost there. Hang in there," He said while I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I think  I can't hang on there much now that your coming," I said grumpily.

"See you later," he said and hung up. I dropped the phone on the couch and groaned in frustration. 

"Why does he have to come?" I mumbled while stomping my feet having a five-year-old tantrum. 

Bling Blong Blong. Bling Blong Blong.

I ran to the door and opened it. The first face I really didn't want to see right now smiled.

"H-" I broke Abbas off. 

"Mommy!" I ran to her glancing to Abbas. Maybe I shouldn't be so mean to him. Eh. Too late. I looked in the car and saw Laila. She looked so pale. 

"Abbas, come help," mommy said. Abbas came running to her. He picked her up and carried her inside.

"She can't walk?" I asked in confusion. 

"No, the doctors said to wait until her back heals so Abbas will be staying for a few days," She walked inside and I followed. 

"Beautiful house you have aunty!" Abbas said in awe. 

"Thank you, beta," she replied back as she gave a glass of water to Abbas, "Sakina can you bring Abbas to the guest room upstairs?" 

"Sure," I said annoyed. I walked him up the stairs and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"You know, you don't have to hate me. I am going to marry your sister so you might want to get used to it," He said in a problem-solving face. 

"Yeah, I know. I already am," I mumbled and looked at him and we stopped walking. I gave him a hug. 

"I am happy Laila is marrying you," I said with a smile. I opened the door to the guest room and smiled. 

"Feel at home," I gave him a thumbs up and walked away.

"Thanks, little sissy," 

Salaam my readers! Please remember to comment on anything! Hope you are liking the built-in trust and love with Laila's finance. Make sure to vote, comment, and SHARE! Masalaama!