Depressed!Brynjolf x Reader

Requested by: MysticalJedi :D

WARNING(S): There's some uh...making out, I guess, later...

It was a rainy day at the Flagon. Brynjolf was normally walking around talking to other thieves, but today was different. I haven't seen Bryn all day, all afternoon, all evening.

"Hey, Rune, have you seen Bryn?" Rune pointed to Bryn's room, and I smiled and went over there. I didn't knock, and just barged on in.

"Br-...Brynjolf? You alright?" Brynjolf wiped his tears quickly, then smiled.

"Never better, lass! What did you need?" I frowned.

"You're not okay, though. You haven't come out of here at all. Not even to say hi or anything!" I yelled. Brynjolf jumped at my sudden loudness. I frowned more, slowly walking up to him in the dark. He backed up as best as he could, thought his back was already against the wall.

"Tell me what is happening." I demanded. Brynjolf shuddered and then became a teary mess. I sat next to him on his bed, sighing.

"Listen, lass,...I am..just too stressed, I can't think,...I have a bunch of things piled up." I wrapped my arms around Brynjolf's neck, entangling my hands in his rust-colored hair. He sighed softly, gazing sadly into my e/c orbs. I gazed back at him, a small, reassuring smile stuck on my lips. He smiled hesitantly.

"Bryn, it's okay to be stressed. You shouldn't stop your work because of it, though. Talk to people! Ask me to help you." He nodded and rested his forehead on mine.

"Thanks, Y/n." I smiled. "Anytime, Brynjolf."

"Y/n,...you realize you're the only person here who actually cares about others?" 

"I...I am?" I asked. He nodded.

"You are, lass." He brought me closer. I was soon on his lap.

"How? Doesn't Rune care?" I asked him with a small frown.

"Rune only cares about you." He brought me closer, then nuzzled my neck. I sighed in response. He gently placed a soft kiss on my shoulder, making me blush.

"I really care about you, lass" He whispered softly.

"I care about you, too." He gently kissed my neck, up to my lips. He placed his soft lips on mine, and I kissed back.  He gently brought me closer, deepening the kiss. A minute later, we pulled away.

"That was well deserved and needed." I told the redhead. He chuckled.

"You doing better?" I added. He nodded.

"I am, lass." He pecked my lips once more.

"As long as I know you're here,...I'm okay." He hugged me tightly, and I hugged back.

"Let's go to the Cistern."

"Aye."

397 words