Prologue

You can't trust Netflix's romcom list. All I wanted was light, funny movie, I got red, swollen eyes instead. My final hope for a happy ending was about to be shattered when my mom entered the kitchen with wet cheeks. I looked up from my IPad frowning at her tears.

"Your grandma called..." She simply said making my heart stop.

"What?"

It was the worst way possible to start a conversation! What could possibly have happened to her that made my mom cry? If she was fine enough to call, it couldn't be that bad, could it? What if the problem was with someone else? My thoughts drifted to crazy aunt Lilah, was she alright?

She gestured to follow her and I didn't bother to pause the film. She lead the way to my room where dad was seated in front of my computer, reading something on it. I had left it open on my email and my mom pointed to it. I looked puzzled to the computer wondering what it could possibly have to do with grandma.

"Read it." She commanded.

My father rolled his chair to the side so I could have free access to the machine. It had an email open in its screen, not just an email, the email. The email I had been waiting for all day.

"Dear Emilia,
Congratulations on your acceptance..."

I held my breath as I read the same sentence over and over, just to be sure my brain wasn't playing tricks on me.

"I got in." I mumble. "I got in!"

I throw myself on my mom to hug her while she lets out a sob.

"I told you you would." My dad commented with a smile on his face.

I release mom to hug him. Yes, he had told me, more than once, and had never doubted me.

"Wait." I release myself from my dad's tight embrace. "What does this has to do with grandma? Is she okay?"

My mom half laughed, half cried.

"She is okay. I was going to say that she called, and then this just appeared on your computer and I read it."

"Mom! I was really worried, you know?" It was supposed to come out as a reproach but I can't with the smile on my face.

I see the silly smile on my dad's face and can't help but hug him again, blinking fast to keep the tears at bay.

"I'm gonna call her and tell her the news. She is going to be so proud." My mom sings running away to get her phone.

I couldn't stop smiling. That was it, now I at least know where I'm going. That is now only the problem of leaving my family, friends, and small town life. But I have been preparing mentally and emotionally for this for a while. At this moment that is only excitement about good prospects for the future. I hope that lasts...

A/N:
Hey, guys! Welcome to my book😁
This prologue is only to get started, please don't be discouraged by it, I promise the rest of the book is better.
Please vote and comment, it makes me really happy just smiling to myself for the rest of the day and makes me know I should keep writing it.
Thanks so much for giving it a try ❤️❤️