Chp. 17 - Let's Do This The Right Way

He had me speechless.

So he went on with one more step closer, our feet almost touching.

"I admit, it took me some time to realize, but, you know..." he shrugs looking away, "better late than never."

I simply gap at him. Was he saying that all this time my feelings weren't unrequited?

He shifts on his feet. "Please say something."

There is too many things going on my head and I can't voice a single one. So I trust my instincts and pull him closer by his shirt, joining our lips.

I once heard a song that said a kiss was worth more than a thousand words. I hope he can understand it, when not even I do.

It was a mere brush of our lips, however, passed the shock, he locked me in place, a hand on my waist the other on my neck. He responds with eagerness, tilting my head to deepen the kiss. I feel the taste of alcohol and something citric, a lemon soda maybe?

It was so passionate it took my breath away, but I didn't want to let go.

I only notice that I am smiling when his lips also contort in a mid kiss smirk.

We pull away to catch our breath.

"Am I going to regret this?" I ask when we break the kiss and he leans his forehead on mine.

"I don't know. Will you?" His question is a quiet whisper like he is afraid of the answer.

I nod. "Unless we do this right. Let's go on a date." The bold request surprises even me.

He breaths out relieved and chuckles moving both his arms to surround my waist and pull me closer to his chest.

"Okay. I'll pick you up tomorrow."

I shake my head negatively, laughing. "I'll need a whole day to get over this hangover." He laughs loudly, the sound like music to my ears, and I scoot closer on his embrace. "However, I am free on Sunday."

I look up at him, the lamp close by the only light and it reflects on his shining eyes.

He kisses my forehead, the gesture so caring it makes the butterflies on my stomach awake.

"Sunday then."

@@@

I have ten minutes! Ten minutes to get ready.

I started getting ready one hour ago following my motto: start getting ready early so I can be late in peace. This is not the case, however, as I am sited on the floor, a bunch of clothes around me, and on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I don't have anything to wear!

The fact that I can not count on Cora makes it even worse. She would know what to do, but I have asked Aeson to keep whatever that is between us a secret for now. I have to figure out how to tell her, because I know she will not take lightly that I have been lying to her about my interest in Aeson.

Maybe I could break it into parts? I tell her that I have a crush on him, then I wait a few days and tell her that we went on a date?

I am so screwed!

My phone rings with a notification, and I jump to get to it.

Uff. It's just YouTube.

Seven minutes!

I get the first dress I tried out and put it on. I do not  like the way my arms look in it, but I'll just have to wear a jacket the whole night.

My cell phone dings again while I brush my hair. When I see his name on the screen my heart skips a beat.