Chp.14 - That's Not Cooking

I thank God I only had a fork on my hand or else the boys' kitchen would be full of tiny pieces of glass by now. The cutlery falls with a cling and I throw myself on the nearest thing.

"What are you doing?" The nearest thing, aka Leo, asks while I clung to his neck.

"Something touched my leg!"

I hear Leo's chuckle close to my ear. "Are you afraid of the dark?"

"Don't touch my butt!" I reproach when his hands find an inconvenient place to keep me from falling. "And I am not afraid of the dark."

I put my feet back on the ground but they don't stay there for long as again something brushes against my lower leg. One more time I find myself with my legs wrapped around Leo's waist.

The Maiden can't run, and Leo has really long legs. Is my comforting thought as I close my eyes and hide my face on his neck.

The universe conspires once again to make me look like a fool and the lights are back on at the same time Leo's hands find their way back to my butt. I was about to yell at him to keep his hands to himself when I opened my eyes and saw a stunned Aeson on the kitchen's threshold, Tom on his lap.

That's when I realize what this looks like,  me with my legs around Leo's waist and his hands on my butt.

My eyes widen while I am quick to get far from the basketball player.

"I told not to touch my butt."

He raises his hands in surrender. "You were the one that threw herself on me, I was just keeping you in place. Jesus, I thought you could handle a horror movie."

I feel my cheeks warm to the point I feel like fanning myself. "I'm telling you, something touched my leg."

As if on cue a "meow" is heard.

We all look to a spot on the ground near my foot.

Cinder is there, lazily sprawled on the floor and with his tail excitedly shaking. If cats could grin I could swear he would, proud to have made me look like a fool.

@@@

I struggle to keep my eyes open in Chemistry class, and God knows how I need to pay attention. I am not doing it on purpose, really, I did not sleep enough last night.

When I got to my dorm, Clara was surprisingly there, and more surprisingly, she was not alone. A perfect frat guy stereotype was tangled with her on her bed, blond hair and toned naked chest. She had never brought a guy to spent the night before.

We have been roommates for almost two months now, and I know near to nothing about her, only that she is a sorority girl and likes too much pink. With that said, I couldn't trust her character judgment. For how long has she known this guy before inviting him to stay over?

Sleeping with a complete stranger a few feet away was something I didn't want to do and if I could have managed it, I would not have slept a wink. Unfortunately, near dawn, I feel sleep while rewatching "Anne with an E" on my phone.

I was woken up by my door being hastily closed. Neither Clara nor the frat guy were there. One look at my phone and I knew I had to run to the dining Hall right now or I would have to add empty stomach to my bad mood caused by the lack of sleep. I had only time to put on the same jeans I wore yesterday that I left with easy reach on my table and the first shirt I set my eyes on.

"You. Can you answer the question?" The professor looks straight to me.

Did I just doze off staring at the professor? Who does that?