I don't care

The smell of fear filled the room as Stiles took a step back away from Erica and Scott. His hand still covering the mark.

"It's nothing," He lied, knowing full well the entire room could hear his lie.

"When did you get a tattoo?" Scott frowned, taking another step towards the human.

"It's not a tattoo," Derek spoke up then, his eyes still on Stiles, his face void of emotion. He carefully made his way across the room towards Stiles.

The human was frozen in place, terror stricken.

Derek reached out slowly and pulled Stiles wrist down, exposing the tear in his shirt where the mark was poorly concealed. He lifted part of the fabric, so he could see the mark fully.

Stiles' stared at Derek, trying to decipher any kind of reaction but there was none.

"It's a triskelion," Erica noted, her eyes looking to her alpha as if he could explain it.

"How long have you had this?" Derek asked finally, his eyes not looking away from the darkened skin of Stiles chest.

"It showed up a few days ago," Stiles answered quietly.

Derek's eyes finally met Stiles'.

"Why does it match Derek's tattoo?" Scott demanded; his tone sounded betrayed.

Stiles and Derek stared at each other, neither being willing to say it out loud.

"You weren't in the woods tonight by accident," Boyd spoke up from the couch then. "That mark led you there. I would have died if you hadn't been there."

Stiles swallowed before taking a step back, away from Derek's touch. "No, it was accidental. A coincidence."

"You said you didn't believe in coincidences," Boyd recalled Stiles' conversation with Kali in the woods.

Stiles bit down on his lower lip as he took a step back.

"Does someone want to explain what this means?" Scott snapped, his eyes darted between Derek and his pack before landing on Stiles.

"He's my emissary," Derek answered, not looking away from Stiles.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm fated to be his emissary, I'm not yet," Stiles corrected.

A look of betrayal crossed Scott's face.

"You knew about this?"

Stiles only nodded.

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't tell anyone," Stiles snapped. He wasn't in the mood to deal with this right now.

"Why didn't you?" Derek asked then, his face still blank. It was beginning to unnerve Stiles.

"What was I supposed to say? Hey, Derek, you barely know me much less trust me but I have magical abilities, and oh by the way, I'm fated to be your emissary, wanna see my matching tattoo?" Stiles snapped, throwing his hands around.

"You said you didn't want to be an emissary?" Isaac spoke up for the first time, his brows pulled into a confused frown.

Stiles swallowed, avoiding Derek's gaze.

"Derek, didn't want one, remember?" Stiles reminded them.

"I so told you he was meant to be your emissary," Erica crossed her arms, giving a Derek a smug smile.

"No. No way," Scott stepped forward then.

Derek immediately realized why Stiles had been so hesitant to tell Scott about his spark.

"There's no way to get rid of it, I looked," Stiles' eyes dropped to the floor.

Derek's stomach twisted knowing that Stiles had looked for a way to avoid being his emissary.

"So what, you're forced to answer to him?" Scott demanded angrily.

"He doesn't answer to anyone," Derek glared at Scott. "It's a partnership."

"I can ignore it technically. I don't even have to practice magic," Stiles looked at Scott with sad eyes.

"But you have been," Scott's tone was accusing.

"That doesn't mean I have to be Derek's emissary."

"Good, cause it's not happening," Scott said matter of factly.

"That's not up to you," Erica growled. She could see Stiles' disappointment AT Scott's reaction. He'd hoped Scott would be a but more understanding.

"Stiles, come on, it's Derek," Scott huffed as if that was reason enough to not be his emissary.

Stiles shook his head, "I can't do this."

"Switzerland?" Derek asked, his face still expressionless. Stiles desperately wanted to know what he was thinking.

Stiles was about to nod in agreement, but the hiss of Boyd trying to move while in pain kept him silent. He didn't want to be Switzerland. He wanted to help Derek. He knew it would piss Scott off, but Scott had to understand they needed to work together to beat Deucalion.

Stiles' eyes cut to Boyd. "I have a recipe for a paste that helps you heal faster. I'd like to get some, if you'll allow it," he glanced back at Derek for permission.

Derek only nodded, a brief frown of confusion crossing his face.

"Scott we need to work together, Deucalion-"

"The last time we worked together, things didn't end well," Scott cut his best friend off

"Because you lied to Derek. You used him. You could have told us what you were planning," Stiles snapped.

"This isn't very Switzerland of you," Isaac pointed out.

"I don't care, this is bigger than all of us," Stiles huffed, throwing his hands up.

"Boyd almost died, hell we both would have. We can't be on opposite sides here. This is what Deucalion wants. He wants loyalty and he wants an alpha he can control. If you two work together, it'll make it harder. I'm not going to pick a side and I'm not going to be Switzerland. I'll do whatever I can to help any of you because it's my job. I have these abilities and yeah, they scare the hell out of me, but I can't just not use them. Did I consider it, yes? But it's selfish of me. I can do things that no one else can. You may not like it, but I don't care. It's who I am and I'm going to use it. I may be fated to be Derek's emissary, but I can't think about that right now. Right now all I'm thinking is Boyd is in pain and I can fix it, so that's what I'm going to do."

Stiles turned then, stalking out the door.

Derek's chest swelled with pride at Stiles' words. He appreciated what he'd said.

"He shouldn't go out there, alone," Boyd said, around a wince.

"I'll drive him," Erica grabbed the keys to the Camaro and hurried after the human. She wanted to talk to him anyway.

*AN*
Sorry for the wait, my computer is being difficult and not charging. I need to get a new one, but they're expensive!