One

As soon as I saw it on the news, I had to help. I know it's really none of my business but I can't just sit here and wait for him to return. I know that it's up to the ninja to deal with it. I need to do my part.

I pulled on the blue jacket and put up the hood, hoping to not get spotted when I run through the city. I have no idea what will happen if I get caught outside the house. It felt like I hadn't been outside for years. As I wander down the main street in Ninjago City, I pull my hood over my face so no one can recognise me when they look at me. Maybe sunglasses would have been a great idea after all.

I headed towards the inner part of the city, keeping my eye open. He could be anywhere. I just have to make sure he's safe. He may not know me all that well but hopefully, if I find him, we could catch up sometime. I'm hoping so anyway. He might not even want anything to do with me after everything that has happened. He's probably too busy for someone like me.

It was quite quiet around for a Monday morning. It was half term for Ninjago High School so all the kids were running around causing chaos. That also means it will be harder for me to find him, or anyone for that matter. I want to be the first to track him down. It gives me a reasonable excuse to see him in person for the first time in years.

I'm glad nobody has pulled me aside yet. The jacket did work after all. I guess my parents were right when they said that jackets or hoodies were the best disguise.

I begin to hear noises of someone out of breath. It didn't sound like a younger child, which was what was all around me. I could just about hear where it was coming from until the ice cream truck came around the corner and all the kids started screaming and shouting for ice cream. I could really fancy one of them right now... No, stay on track.

It sounded like the noises were coming from a nearby alley. I check to see if anyone is following me, not trying to act suspicious or anything, and began to head slowly down the dark alley. It was almost pitch black. The sun never reached the area between the comic book store and the arcade. The sound of someone being out of breath got louder and louder. It was like I was getting closer. I then heard footsteps, like someone was running. Was someone running away from something?

I started to reach the end of the alley until I see a way to turn right at the end. I look behind me but there was no one there. Yep, should have definitely stayed at the house. This was getting creepy.

Not looking where I was going, I turned the corner. Something instantly hit me and fell to the ground. Or should I say someone? I look down at the floor to see--

Two days earlier...

"Heard anything yet?" Kai asked the green ninja as he walked into the room.

"Not yet. You been to see the police?" Lloyd replied.

"Yep. I went to give a statement yesterday. They wanted to know where we last saw him." Kai told him.

"Where are the others?" Lloyd asked Kai's sister, who was sat on the sofa next to her brother.

"They're in the city asking people if they've seen him anywhere." Nya responded.

"Gosh, I'm so worried. Where could he have possibly gone?" Lloyd sighed as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"I have no idea." Kai shrugged his shoulders.

"I just want to know if he's safe." Nya added.

"We all do." Kai placed a hand on his sister's shoulder.

It had only been a day and the team already missed him. He had gone missing the day before. He hadn't gotten back from his trip and nobody, not even his family, had seen him. Of course the ninja first checked his parent's place but he wasn't there. They hadn't seen him in a while anyway. He hadn't even passed by or stopped to say goodbye or anything. He either left without saying anything or he was taken. Either way, he could be in danger and the ninja had to find him and fast.