Two

Jay's POV

As I sprinted down the streets of Ninjago, it began to rain. It was only light. I should have brought a coat. I guess I'm really not that smart, just like what Kai had said. The only things I have is my blue jacket, my phone and my favourite backpack. None of these things should really give me away. I made sure the tracking device/app on my phone was deleted so they couldn't find me even if they tried. I know I shouldn't be running away but I have to. They would be better off without me...

Flashback

As we entered the Monastery, everyone was silent. No one had spoken since we began to head back. It was only a few weeks ago that we had fought the oni and everything was going great until this little mission. What we had to do was simple. It was to stop a robbery at the bank. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Well it was supposed to be easy. Of course someone had to mess it all up and that someone had to be me.

I sat down on the sofa, Kai sat down beside me, Cole on the other side. Lloyd and Nya sat at the kitchen table and Zane stayed stood up.

"I can't believe we failed the mission." Zane was the first to speak up.

"We wouldn't have failed if it wasn't for someone tripping us all up." Kai glared at me.

"I told you, it was an accident." I replied.

Kai rolled his eyes as the room returned to being silent.

For a few minutes, I thought. If I hadn't messed up, we would have won, the robber would be locked up. But instead we let him escape. It wasn't supposed to happen. Honestly, yes, it was my fault, I take blame for it, but I think Kai is overreacting. At least it wasn't Garmadon or something. Then I would really deserve it.

"Sensei is going to be so mad at us." Nya rested her chin in her hands and huffed.

"I wonder who's fault that is." Cole also glared at me.

"For the one millionth time, I'm sorry." I exclaimed.

Everyone rolled their eyes. A few sighs filled the room.

We are a team. We should all be responsible. I guess that is something we never seem to get right. We always blame each other instead of taking responsibility.

"They would be in a jail cell if it wasn't for you, Jay." Lloyd joined in.

"Don't you think I know that?" I sighed.

"You aren't even acting like you care." Kai complained.

"I do care." I stated.

"Doesn't sound like it." The fire ninja muttered under his breath.

I cannot believe that they actually are blaming me for this. I told them it was an accident. What part of sorry do they not understand. I thought these guys were forgiving.

Master Wu wondered into the room and frowned when he spotted us looking quite miserable.

"You are back early. Is the robber locked up?" Sensei asked.

"Not exactly." Nya looked over at me.

"What do you mean, not exactly?" Wu frowned.

"Ask Jay." Cole said.

"What are they talking about, Jay?" Wu asked me.

I explained, "We had it all under control until I accidentally tripped everyone up, causing us to lose the criminal."

"You let him get away?!" Wu exclaimed.

"It was an accident. I said I was sorry." I complained.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Jay." He sighed.