Seven

"We had no idea that you felt like that, Jay." Cole spoke up.

"He came straight to me. He was a mess." Cliff added.

"Why didn't you tell us you felt like that?" Kai wondered.

Jay wiped a tear from his cheek. "I thought you'd think I was lying. It's just I've always tried to cover it up because people would only make things worse. I just can't handle keeping it all in before."

"Oh, Jay. I'm so sorry." Nya pulled him into a hug. He hugged back.

"You should have told us sooner. We could have helped you." Lloyd told him.

"I blame myself for that." Jay smiled a little.

Nya took a hold of her boyfriend's hand. "You are an amazing person, Jay. Not only are you talented, funny and caring but you're a hero to everyone in Ninjago. Just think of all the lives you saved."

Jay smiled at her.

"Not to mention mine." She whispered.

"We don't find you annoying." Zane joined in.

"Yeah, we love you, buddy." Cole patted his best friend on the back.

"Thanks guys." Jay breathed a sigh of relief.

Lloyd looked at Cliff, who was sat beside him.

"So..." Lloyd grinned.

Cliff looked down at the green ninja and raised an eyebrow.

Lloyd smiled sweetly. "I'm a huge fan of your work."

A few laughs were heard from the rest of the team, including Wu.

"Oh really?" Cliff smiled.

"Star Farer has been my favourite show ever since I was six. It's never grown old." Lloyd explained.

"I'm glad you like it." Cliff glanced at Jay, who was finally smiling.

"Like it? I LOVE IT!" Lloyd couldn't control his excitement.

Cliff's eyes widened at Lloyd's craziness.

"I'm sorry about him." Zane apologised.

"Yeah, he's nuts." Kai joked.

Lloyd shot them both a look. Lloyd did not appreciate being spoken about like that in front of his idol.

"I should be going now anyway." Cliff got up from his chair.

"Thank you again, Cliff." Wu walked him to the door.

"It was nice meeting you, Lloyd." Cliff smiled.

Lloyd looked like he was about to cry.

"Here we go again..." Kai rolled his eyes.

"Thanks for bringing him home safe." Cole joined in.

"Thanks, dad." Jay called out.

Everyone's head turned to look at Jay, Cliff looked like he had just seen a ghost.

Jay quickly looked at Nya for help. Nya got her phone out of her pocket.

"Oh that was me." She lied. "I told Siri to send a message to my dad quickly saying thanks."

Cliff nodded, breathed a sigh of relief and began to leave.

"Thanks, Cliff!" Jay called out.

Nya and Jay looked at each other with a smile. Lucky save.

"It was nice to see you again, Wu." Cliff said as he wandered out the door and down the street.

"You too, Cliff, you too." Wu sighed with a smile.

After the events of those past few days, things began to return to normal. They didn't treat Jay any differently but they were more cautious with what they would do or say. Jay definitely felt more comfortable around them and he knew that if he really needed to talk to someone, Cliff would always be there.

I'll be right behind you, son. I will always be near. I'll follow where you want to go. You have nothing to fear...