Four

Jay's POV

I continued to smile awkwardly as the three thugs were nearly at arms reach. Why did I decide to come down here?! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT! Ah, no time for that!

The closest of the three managed to swing their fist at my face and surprisingly, they hit. I screamed in pain as I quickly held my cheek. OW! Who knew it would hurt so much to get hit in the cheek? Oh wait... every villain I've ever beaten up.

STOP GETTING DISTRACTED, JAY!

Speaking of getting distracted, the thugs looked around them as the sound of my voice was heard my none other than my friends. Lucky for me, I could tell they were down the next street. It was beginning to get darker in the city so soon they would head home, giving me an advantage to run further. Maybe they did care that I was missing but they probably only wanted to find me so that my parents didn't murder them for letting me run away.

I quickly ducked under their arms, grabbed my backpack that had fallen off my shoulders and ran as fast as I could.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE, BLUE NINJA!" They yelled but it was too late for them to catch me. I was long gone. The only problem for me was, there really was no turning back now. I was heading the opposite direction I wanted to go after meeting those thugs. I was running deeper and deeper into the alley.

Nya's POV

We headed out and began to search for our teammate. He couldn't have gotten far in a day, right? Well, not with the amount of people in the city and there being no place to hide. For a while, we asked around to see if anyone had seen him. A few people had seen him but it was only for a few seconds. They hadn't really seen where he had gone. Which was super helpful for us, obviously.

No, I'm kidding.

I can't believe he would just run and leave us all behind. How selfish can he possibly be?! Oh great, angry Nya's back.

After a while, we started shouting Jay's name. Maybe him hearing that we actually care enough to find him would make him want to come home. As we were about to head back home for the evening, we heard something pretty unexpected.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE, BLUE NINJA!"

It sounded like a man but it was hard to tell who it was. Maybe they were just trying to help find him and they wanted to bring him back to us?

"Did you hear that?" I asked the others.

"He's in the next street!" Cole exclaimed as he run onwards. We all followed behind until we reached our destination. Yet, it was empty. There was no one there. Great, we failed again.

"Uh. Not again." I rolled my eyes.

"He's probably close. Let's keep looking." Zane suggested.

"Can you scan the area, Zane?" Lloyd asked.

"Sure but it might not work properly. I don't usually have to use it to find someone." Zane told them.

As Zane scanned the area, he sighed.

"Nothing. Sorry guys."

"He's probably long gone by now." Cole complained.

"Come on, let's keep searching." Lloyd told the team.

Jay's POV

I'm glad I got away from them. Hopefully they'll stay exactly where they are. I honestly cannot deal with them at the moment. Well I can't really deal with anyone. It's all too much for me.

I set down the torch on a spot on the ground and sat down beside. I took my portable charger out of my backpack and began to charge my phone. The time was 1:06 am when I finally got to sit down after my run. I had to get away as far as possible from those thugs. They already caused enough damage. Honestly, if they had just left me alone, I would have forgotten that I had even seen them but, no, they just had to cause a scene, didn't they?