let's get brunch

here, have this extremely short fluffy supreme family one-shot

***

Tony kept glancing at the clock every ten seconds. Stephen was coming home today. Finally. He would never admit how much he hated when he went away to his Wizard Husband. Peter missed him too, kept asking when was Dr. Dad coming back. Well, in two minutes.

Taking sips of his coffee like a normal person this time, Tony patiently waited for his husband to arrive. Peter being the fifteen year old he is, was still asleep and Tony was keen on keeping him that way until Strange came. It was probably selfish, but Tony missed Stephen and wanted to be alone with him for a while before their undeniably hyper son got there.

Despite his magic Strange was coming the normal way today. Something about the reunion being even more special, he had said to Tony. Now that he still wasn't here, Tony wanted to scoff at the sentiment, but when he heard a cough from behind him and spun around to see his husband, he had to agree on some level.

"Stephen", he breathed out before going to the taller man and hugging him, arms around his middle and head against his chest.

Stephen wrapped his arms around Tony, happy to have the smaller man back in his arms. "Hey, Tones."

A content smile grew on Tony's face as he listened to Stephen's heart beats. "How did the trip go?" he mumbled into his husbands shirt.

Strange kissed the top of Tony's head before answering. "It was okay. Exhausting but probably helpful in the long run."

Tony hummed, feeling the comfort that was being with Stephen. "That's good", he said. He then pulled away enough to get up on his toes and kiss him. The wizard's lips were familiar on his and he loved every second of it.

When Strange pulled away he looked around as if searching for something–or someone. "Where's Peter?" he asked.

Tony didn't have the chance to answer him as Stephen let go of him upon hearing their son's excited voice.

"Dr. Dad!" Peter exclaimed as he ran straight into Stephen, nearly knocking them both down. They embraced each other tightly. 

"Hey, Pete. How's it going?"

"I missed you", came the muffled reply against his shirt from the pajama clad teenager.

"I missed you too", Stephen said as Tony smiled at his husband and son. Stephen saw the smile and smiled back. "You hungry, Pete?"

"Yep. Very", Peter said and let go of Dr. Dad. 

"How 'bout you, Tones?"

Tony nodded. "Yeah. We should get brunch or something."

Peter's face lit up. "Yes! I'm gonna go get ready!" he exclaimed and dashed out of the room to change. Tony smiled and put his hands on his husbands waist. 

"What do think, Steph?" he asked. Stephen smiled down at him with a loving look in his eyes. 

"Yeah, let's go get brunch", he said and leaned down to press a soft kiss on Tony's lips, making the shorter man smile. 

Soon Peter ran back in, and sputtered. "Guys! Please don't be so lovey-dovey when I'm in the room especially when I have no-one to be lovey-dovey with!"

The husbands chuckled and let go of each other. Tony took Stephen's hand and laced their fingers together. 

"Let's go", Stephen said. 

The three of them went down to the lobby and to the streets of New York. Tony led them all to a hole-in-the-wall type of diner and they all sat down, picking up menu's from the end of the table. 

After about five minutes a waiter came up to them. "Hey, are you guys ready to order or do you need a minute?"

peace, the author