in a land of myth

.................its a merlin crossover.....................

i dont think you need to have seen to read this?? honestly, I think you can understand everything without it since this doesn't deal with the plot of the show in any way.

there might be spoilers?? im not sure?? and im not really sure where this fits on the time line, but Arthur is the king so its somewhere around season 4 or 5 

sorta struggled with capturing the characters since its my first time writing them. if you see them act out of character, please mind your personal business I am figuring it out.

***

King Arthur was out on patrol when he found him. A young, injured boy, lying unconscious on the ground, only a few feet from the path, a bag still clutched in his hands. He couldn't be older than fifteen, and he wore funny clothes. Arthur couldn't just leave the poor boy there. 

So, he did what he found reasonable, and after a few failed attempts to wake him up, hoisted the boy up on his horse and started riding back to Camelot to bring the boy to Gaius. He had great temptation to look into he bag, and a few minutes from the gates he almost gave in, but then Sir Gwaine spotted him and he couldn't. He felt shame build inside him from even trying to. 

"Sire", Gwaine greeted him. "What have you here?" 

"I found him in the woods. Couldn't leave him there. He's injured. I'm taking him to Gaius and once he wakes up I want to talk to him", Arthur told him as he rode into the palace yard. "I think he might've run away, or someone might be after him." 

Gwaine nodded and waved for someone to come fetch Arthur's horse as he dismounted and pulled the boy down. He put one of the boy's arms over his shoulders and Gwained grabbed the other arm. Arthur took the bag, and together they dragged him to Gaius' chambers. 

They were met with a warm atmosphere and Merlin and Gaius eating supper. Both of them looked up when they entered. 

"I found him in the woods like this", Arthur said. 

"Put him down over there", Gaius instructed, pointing towards the bed as he stood up and walked over. "Has he been unconscious the whole time, Sire?" 

Arthur and Gwaine set the boy down and stepped away, letting Gaius do his job. "Yes. I tried waking him up but he didn't respond in any way." 

"Alright. On the first look, it doesn't seem too bad. Pulse and breathing are steady, and it would seem the bruises and cuts are limited to his face. Merlin, bring me some bandages for that nasty cut on his forehead", Gaius said. The cut started about an inch above his eyebrow and continued almost all the way down to his chin, through his eye. "At the moment it is our main concern. Once he wakes up we'll know if there's grater damage to his body, or the eye." 

Arthur nodded. "Right. I'll just–"

The boy's eyes flew open and he fell off the bed with a yelp. Before anyone could react, he was already backing away into the wall, away from them, both eyes open and full of fear. He breathed heavily and his eyes darted from person to person and around the room. 

He was looking for an escape route.

Merlin stepped up, hands in front of him so he could see them. He walked slowly, and talked in a soothing voice. "It's alright. You'll be safe here." 

The boy raised his hand, too, and Merlin got the message. Stop, don't come any closer.  

"Wh– where am I?" the boy asked. His voice was full of fear, and sounded like it was still caught in his throat.