sleepy peter

in which Peter is v tired and just wants cuddles. and sleep. 

inspired by a one-shot I read some time ago

***

To say Peter was tired was an understatement. He felt exhausted to his core. He could barely keep his eyes open and back bag on his shoulder as he rode the elevator up to the penthouse.  It took him a moment to register the doors before him had opened and he had already arrived at the penthouse. 

Dragging one foot in front of the other he looked around, seeing a chouch. 

On it were peaple who looked vaguely familiar but he only really focused on Tony. 

He could cuddle his dad. 

He let the one back bag strap fall from his shoulder and the bag hit the floor with a thud. He trudged over to the couch and flopped down practically on top of him, letting his head fall onto his chest and wrapping his arm around his waist. 

Tony let out an 'oomph'sort of sound and the next thing Peter knew a hand was carding through his curls. He sighed contently and leaned into the touch on instinct. 

"How was your day?" Tony asked him in a soft voice. 

Peter sort of grunted in response. He heard a low chuckle, and even more he felt it. Tony's chest sort of rumbled, so he knew for sure it was him chuckling. 

"Really? Sounds great. My day was pretty good, too."

Peter smiled tiredly and tightened his grip around Tony slightly as the man shifted. 

"Don't worry, kiddo, I'm not going anywhere", Tony reassured him. 

"Good", Peter mumbled and relaxed.

Tony was astonished by the trust Peter had in him. The room was full of Avengers looking at him in confusion, but the boy was oblivious. He only saw Tony in his tired state, and there he was, completely letting his guard down and almost sleeping. 

Tony kept carding his fingers through Peter's hair and quickly the boy's breaths became slower and more even. 

He had fallen asleep. 

Tony chuckled again. He must've been tired as hell. 

"Okay, everyone get out and maybe I'll explain everything tomorrow", Tony commanded quietly. 

Nat shot him a knowing look and was the first to get up and leave. Everyone else followed her, except for Rhodey. 

Rhodey was Uncle Rhodes to Peter, and he could stay. 

Tony let the Umbrella Academy keep playing on the background, he just lowered the volume. They had all been rewatching it as season two had just been started teasing. 

"Hey, Tones", Rhodes whispered. 

Tony raised a brow. "Yeah?"

"Life's good."

"Yeah, it is. Life's good."

an/ posting something I actually like again, eventhough its short

took a lil break and feel better now, thank you all for your patience and for 9k views, I love you all

not sure about a posting schedule but will hopefully start posting more often, maybe even semi-regularly if I have it in me but life's stressful

peace, the author