Chapter 1

(Warning: Loki attempts to kill himself in this chapter through assisted suicide. It is unsuccessful but it's very clear what he intended to do.)

Thanos droned on and on about things Loki couldn't care less about as he approached. Behind Loki, were Thanos's lackeys. In front of him, stood Thanos, the power stone in his gauntlet and Thor in his giant hand. Loki made no attempt to run. No matter where he could go, Thanos would find him. There was no hope of getting out of this alive, Loki knew that and he had accepted his fate. However, as he stared at Thor, being tortured at the hands of a pure monster, Loki was unable to hold back his tears. Loki knew he deserved to die. Thor, however, hadn't done a thing wrong. He was just roped into the middle of all this nonsense, still fighting for justice. He was so foolish, yet so brave. Loki couldn't let him die. He just couldn't. However, if Thanos got his slimy hands on all the Infinity Stones, there would be no hope for anyone. Someone was gonna die either way.

"You talk too much," Thor grunted. Loki couldn't agree more.

"The Tesseract or... your brother's head." Thanos's gauntlet loomed dangerously close to Thor. Loki's gaze shifted between the two of them. "I assume you have a preference?"

"Oh, I do," he replied with confidence he didn't have. "Kill away." Thanos promptly shoved the power stone against Thor's head. He let out a scream of pain, struggling in Thanos's grasp to no avail. Loki's expression remained emotionless. Deep down, however, his heart was cracking. He couldn't bear to see Thor in pain. However, he forced himself to stand still. He couldn't let Thanos get the Tesseract. He couldn't... he just couldn't... Tears began to form.

"Alright stop!" Loki cried. Thanos recoiled. Thor remained in his grasp, however, gasping from exhaustion.

"We don't have the Tesseract," Thor spat. "It was destroyed on Asgard." Loki glanced up at Thanos, fear promptly hitting him like a hammer. He knows I've hidden it. Gazing at the floor, Loki raised his hand into the air. He had no choice. Loki couldn't bear to watch his brother in pain. So what if the universe loses half of its life? It wasn't a universe Loki would have to live in soon. In his hand, the Tesseract appeared. Thanos grinned.

"You really are the worst, brother," Thor grunted. The insult stung a little. Loki took a few steps forward, his gaze intent on Thor.

"I assure you, brother... the sun will shine on us again." In Valhalla... with our parents... if I even make it there. Thanos chuckled. Loki glared at him.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian," Thanos growled, reaching toward the Tesseract.

"Well, for one thing," Loki backed away slightly, his snark returning for a few comments. "I'm not Asgardian. And for another...we have a Hulk." On cue, the Hulk barrelled into Thanos, knocking him away from Thor. Loki launched himself at Thor, wrapping his arms around his dear brother. The Tesseract had been forgotten as the remains of the ship became a battlefield. Dragging his brother into a safe place, Loki stopped to catch his breath. Then he examined his brother. Miraculously, there wasn't a scratch on him.

"Thor, we have to get out of here, now," Loki insisted, grabbing his brother's shoulders.

"No, we're not leaving without Hulk!" Thor shouted. "And defeating Thanos."

"Thor, listen to me, right now. We don't stand a chance. Even without infinity stones, Thanos is a powerful, merciless monster of a being. If you stay and try to fight, you will die-"

"Then I'll die a hero," Thor snapped, shoving Loki away. "And you'll die a coward!" Jumping to his feet, Thor raced across the ship, toward the Hulk and Thanos.