Chapter 7

"Is that a mixtape?" Loki removed his headphones, glancing up at the approaching Tony.

"It was Quill's," Loki informed, feeling a pang in his chest at the thought of his old friend. "He let me have it."

"It's ancient." Tony sat down beside him, taking the mixtape and examining it. "Good Lord, I haven't seen anyone use one of these in ages."

"I don't care how old it is," Loki replied, snatching it back. "Chances are I'm older."

"Oh, definitely," Tony chuckled, nudging Loki's shoulder.

A smile formed. "You act like that's a bad thing," Loki replied, nudging him back.

"Well, no, not bad just... you-you're old."

"So?" Loki shrugged. He observed his friend for a moment. "You know... you look like you would be older than me if you were Asgardian."

"Oh god, how old do I look?"

"Hm... somewhere in your two thousands." Tony's eyes widened. Loki smirked as he added, "Maybe getting close to three thousand."

"Holy shit..." Tony leaned back on the couch, placing his hand on his forehead. "And I thought fifty was old."

"Old?" Loki scoffed. He was unable to stop himself from smirking. "Fifty years would be an infant. Which is exactly how you act ironically."

Tony shrugged at the remark. "Eh, call me what you will. I'm still a genius."

"By Earth standards perhaps," Loki teased, nudging Tony.

"Oh really? How many aliens can build a fully functioning arc reactor out of scraps in a cave?" Tony pointed at his chest. Loki gazed at the arc reactor, his eyes filling with awe.

"You really... did that?" Tony nodded. Loki couldn't help but admire Tony for a moment. "Hm... impressive. I assume you made the suit under the same conditions?"

"Well, a prototype of it," Tony replied, with a shrug.

"You Midgardians sure do find creative ways to live without magic," Loki mused, raising an eyebrow. "Back on Asgard, they would've just healed you with a spell."

"You can heal me?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... n-no," Loki admitted, hanging his head low. "I was never very good at healing spells... I have my own healing factor but when it comes to healing others, I lack the skill..." Loki glanced at his fidgeting hands, muttering, "Might be my biology..."

"Hm?"

"Oh... nothing..." Silence followed. Loki reached toward Quill's mixtape.

"Loki." Loki turned to face Tony, who simply stared back into his eyes.

"Yes?" Loki prompted, scooting closer.

"Um... what colour are your eyes?" Tony asked.

Loki's eyebrow raised. "They're either green or blue," he answered. "No one can agree which. Why?"

"They were bright blue in New York." Loki's heart skipped a beat. "Like an unmistakable icy blue. I'm just curious, is there a reason for that?" Letting out a sigh, Loki stood up off the couch, unable to meet his friend's gaze.