Chapter 2

"THOR NO!" Loki cried. He was back on the destroyed ship, Thor's neck in Thanos's grip. Tears were streaming from Loki's eyes. The bone in Thor's neck had snapped, the sound made Loki cringe, and his eye was bulging out of his head. No matter how hard Loki struggled, he couldn't get to him. Thor was right there. Yet he still couldn't save him, despite all of his power. Loki stared into his brother's eye, filled with pain as the two of them struggled, longing to get to each other. "STOP IT!"

Loki gasped, his eyes popping open. His brother and Thanos were gone, instead replaced by a crudely coloured wall. Loki looked down. He was in a bed, but it wasn't his. Memories of yesterday instantly flooded back; he was with the Guardians on their ship, on the way to find Thanos in Knowhere. Loki rested his hand on his throbbing forehead. There was no way he was going to sleep now. Loki glanced at his armour. It laid on the ground, the individual pieces carelessly spread out on the floor. He pushed the blanket aside, allowing his bare chest to feel the cool air of the ship. Pushing his way out of the room, Loki glanced around the empty ship.

"I need to ask a favour." It was Gamora's voice. Concealing his presence, Loki crept forward, getting a good view of Gamora and Quill at the front of the ship. They appeared to be alone. However, Loki could sense Drax in the room as well. It didn't seem like Gamora and Quill noticed him, however, as they spoke to each other.

"Yeah, sure," Quill replied.

"One way or another, the path that we're on leads to Thanos."

"Which is what the grenades are for," Quill replied. Loki smirked. "Uh, I'm sorry. What's the favour?"

"If things go wrong... If Thanos gets me... I want you to promise me... you'll kill me." Loki's eyes widened.

"What?" There was a small pause.

"I know something he doesn't..." Gamora explained, walking by Quill. "And if he finds it out, the entire universe could be at risk." Her gaze was fixed on the floor.

"What do you know?" Quill asked, his eyes narrowing. Loki stepped closer, now interested as well.

Gamora glanced back at him. "If I tell you, you'd know too." There was another pause.

"If it's so important... shouldn't I?"

"Only if you wanna die."

"Why does somebody always have to die in this scenario?" Gamora stepped closer to Quill.

"Just... Trust me and possibly kill me."

"I mean, I'd like to. I really would. But you..." Gamora rolled her eyes, covering Quill's lips with her hand. It was somewhat a gentle act, as Gamora didn't grab him or even yell at him.

"Swear to me..." she whispered, staring into Quill's eyes. Loki had to step even closer to hear her. "Swear to me on your mother." Loki flinched at the thought of his own mother. Gamora removed her hand from Quill's mouth, her expression full of desperation.

"Okay," he murmured, nodding. Gamora stared at Quill, a tear dripping loose from her eye. Quickly, she wiped it off. "Okay," Quill repeated. Gamora stepped closer, pressing her lips against Quill's. The two closed their eyes. Gamora rested her hands on Quill's chest and the kiss continued. Loki found himself watching intently. He was about to reveal himself when a crunching sound filled the air. Quill and Gamora pulled out of their kiss, glaring at the source of the noise: Drax, eating a bag of food.