Chapter 9

"Loki," a voice murmured. Rolling over, Loki let out a groan, shoving his face into his pillow as light poured in from the door.

"Go away," he muttered.

"Loki, wake up. This is important." Loki flinched, his eyes popping open. Tony was standing in the doorway.

"What is so important that you must wake me at this hour?" Loki asked, rubbing his tired eyes.

"It's about Thanos." Loki flinched. The back of his head slammed into the headboard. "There's a way to undo what he did."

"Really?" Loki asked, perking up.

"With time travel," Tony explained. "The others came to me about it and... uh... I figured it out and I think we should do it."

Loki raised an eyebrow. "We?"

"Yes, we. You-you'd be a great member of the team."

Loki chuckled. "Oh, don't be ridiculous, Tony. I'm no Avenger, you know that."

Tony shrugged. "Okay, maybe not. But you hate Thanos just as much as the rest of us... and you lost friends..." Loki cringed. "Don't you want to get them back?" Loki glanced at his dresser, where Quill's mixtape laid.

"...I do... but..." Loki paused to sigh. "No..." He stood up and approached Tony, his steps clumsy and slow in the darkness. "I'm not letting you do this alone... You'll just get yourself killed."

"Don't worry, my top priority is to survive," Tony replied.

"Good." Loki rested his hand on Tony's shoulder. "Because I can't lose anyone else... and your family needs you..."

"So, you'll come then?"

"I will..." Loki glanced at the ground. "But I don't see how much use I'll be."

"We'll find something for you to do," Tony replied, turning away. "We'll leave in the morning. See ya then." He closed the door behind him, taking all the light with him. Loki laid back down. He rested his hand on his forehead, his thoughts wandering away. Time travel?! Have they lost their damn minds?! These people were supposed to be Earth's Mightiest Heroes yet they couldn't stop arguably the biggest threat to Earth and even the whole universe and are now completely dependent on time travel five years later?! It was the only way. Loki clenched his jaw at the thought of Strange's last words. Why is this the only way?! Why do Earth's Mightiest Heroes have to rely on such a ridiculous nonsensical idea to even have a chance at defeating Thanos?! He was a powerful being but he was still just one being. As if that wasn't enough for Loki to lose his mind over, now there was the threat of losing his now closest friend to such a stupid, risky, endeavor. Loki hated how attached he was to Tony. He hated how attached he was to the Guardians as well but this was different. Tony was different. Loki hadn't been afraid to be vulnerable in front of him and always felt that weird warmth when he was around him. That one hug seemed to have melted him. He wanted more. Loki was seemingly addicted to Tony's touch, not that he ever showed it. In his head, however, he constantly thought of scenarios between the two of them that would obviously never happen. They were... mostly innocent. However, it all confused Loki greatly. Through some miracle, Loki was eventually able to pass out.

"Loki," Tony called. Loki's eyes strained open as he let out a yawn. Sunlight streamed in through the windows. Tony was leaning against the wall in the doorframe, a serious look on his face despite the relaxed demeanor. "Get up. We've gotta leave for the time heist thingy." A smile formed on Loki's lips. He slipped out of bed, pulling on a shirt and following Tony outside. Tony collected various different objects from the house before saying goodbye to Pepper and Morgan and heading out the door. Loki trailed after him. Dropping his supplies in the trunk, Tony turned to Loki.