chapter 9

"Now, turn. Turn, turn, turn! Julia, no! You're hitting the curb!" I yell.

"I'm sorry but I can't see!" she retaliates.

"You need to practise more," I tell her as I take off my seatbelt. We were all officially back from celebrating Christmas with our families. Everyone decided to meet up at the boys' house so we can exchange our gifts since we never got a chance to before Christmas, because of Louis' birthday preparations. And because Julia got that car she wanted for Christmas, we used it to drive here.

I grab my many bags from the trunk while Julia clutches her one bag that contains a gift for Harry and for me. She doesn't know any of the boys well enough to get them a gift but I told her she should at least get them small gift cards because I didn't want her to feel more left out then she already did.

We walk up to the door and Julia rings the bell. Harry opens the door for us and smiles wide before pressing a kiss to Julia's lips.

"Missed you, love," he says to her. She stares back at him lovingly and I feel an odd feelings growing inside of me. I didn't like this.

I think about pushing past Harry to get inside but it's then that he notices me.

"Aria!" he pulls me into an enthusiastic hug, that I can't reciprocate because of the bags in my hand.

"How've you been? It's been a while since I saw you," he says. He actually hasn't seen Julia for longer, but I don't point that out.

"Great! Um, I'm going to put these away, I'll leave you and Julia alone now," I smile and push past him before he can think of a way to keep me around for longer.

I got used to having Harry all to myself that now just seeing him look at Julia the way he always has, makes me sad.

"Aria's here!" Niall shouts and from somewhere behind me. I feel lanky arms wrap around my neck and Niall's head lean on mine.

"Niall," I giggle. "Let me go, I have to put these bags down."

He lets me go as soon as he realizes I'm carrying their presents.

"Let me help you with that!" he eagerly pulls the bags from my hands and runs towards the living room where I can hear Louis and Zayn playing a video game. Niall places the bags by the Christmas tree that they haven't taken down yet. I spot Eleanor sitting on the ground near the couch and watching the boys play with a bored expression on her face. Smiling to myself knowing I'll have someone around that's not a boy or Julia making heart eyes at Harry, I immediately pull my jacket off and leave it at the armrest, plopping down next to her.

"Great company you have there," I nod at Louis and Zayn, who still have no idea that Julia and I arrived.

"I know right, Louis is so attentive," she replies sarcastically. "To be fair though, he gets to see me all the time, he doesn't get to see Zayn as much." Her eyes flick up to someone behind me and she stands. "Oh, hello."

I glance back to see Julia walked in with Harry's arm around her waist. I stand up too.

"Eleanor, this is Julia, my best friend and Harry's girlfriend," I introduce. "Julia, this is Eleanor, Louis' girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you," Julia pulls a surprised Eleanor in for a hug. I know Julia generally doesn't like to touch people she's not close with, so I'm surprised at this too. I conclude that she probably feels left out and wants to make more friends in this house.

"You as well," Eleanor responds. "I'm—"

"Fuck YES! NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Louis shouts, standing up. "Bring it in, lad!" he high fives Zayn who looks just as giddy. "Wait until the next match, those fuckers won't know what hit 'em!"