epilogue

15 months later

In the elevator, I adjust my blouse and smooth out my blazer. My hand shakes slightly and that's probably because of how much coffee I'm pumped with.

There was a party last night at the boy's house to celebrate our graduation, and them moving out of the house they did nothing but hold parties in. I told Harry I didn't want to go, but he insisted that it was the last party and I couldn't miss it. I felt nostalgic seeing all my friends, though I knew a lot of us were staying around and not moving too far away.

But I did end up drinking a little because it was the end of an era. Aside from the boys and Julia and Eleanor, I didn't really care too much for most of the people at the party (because I didn't know most). I was keeping my drinks to a minimum and so did Harry. It's already hard enough for him to let people make a mess in his house, but it was especially harder last night because they're putting the house up for sale and needed it in it's best condition. We ended up leaving before the party ended to be alone and get food.

I grin remembering his warm smile and how soft his hands felt in mine. The dingy shawarma place with the fluorescent lights was no where near a romantic setting but the way Harry looks at me when we're alone makes everything fade away.

He was excellent at keeping me calm and helping me sober up. After he took me back to my place to rest for the night (or the few hours left of it) he went back to his to clean up, leaving me to wake up alone and prepare for this interview.

Sorry, babe, just woke up. Good luck on your interview, I know you'll kill it so don't be nervous. Just do what we went over and he'll love you.

Just as my eyes finish reading over his text, he sends the kissy winky face emoji. My heart swells and I send back a heart to let him know I got it. If it wasn't for Harry, I'd be a nervous wreck right now so I'm very thankful I have him.

The elevator doors open and I walk up to the receptionist's desk. She looks up and smiles at me.

"Hi, I'm here for an interview with Jordan Green?" I tell her. She nods and is just about to call him when Jordan himself walks out and sees me.

"Aria, so nice to see you again! Come in, follow me," he smiles and leads me into his office.

Another thing I have Harry to thank for. A few months ago I had a huge meltdown about how I will go nowhere in life with my so called 'useless' degree. My few friends from my program had internships that looked promising and Zayn got requested to do illustrations for some local publishing company. I didn't tell Harry about it until I started get anxiety attacks and he noticed. He tried to calm me down help me think of possible job options but my confidence in my skills began to deteriorate so in the next few weeks he told me about some of his father's friends who were looking to hire. And then we had a huge fight because I didn't want him to find me a job, I wanted me to find me a job. I hated it when Harry had to step in to help me out using his status because it made me feel like a charity case. Harry, of course, didn't agree and continued to pester me about marketing, graphic design and concept art jobs that were mainly for his father's company. At one point I think he started making jobs up in his father's company so they'd appeal to me, but I refused all of them.

Until a few weeks after.

"How was your father?" I asked the morning after he had dinner with his father. I was also invited but I politely declined due to having a midterm exam the next day.

"Good... good..." Harry replied as we moved up a space in the Starbucks line. "He talked a bit about his business friends who are hiring."

"Oh, here we go again," I muttered, rolling my eyes. Harry bit back a smirk while I glared at him, not knowing what was so funny about the wrath he was about to face.