━━ chapter ten

brady's pov:

The first thing I did when I got to the studio was look for Maisy. I just wanted to see her beautiful smile.

I walked into studio A and saw her warming up with Presley and GiaNina.

They both saw me come in and whispered something to Maisy. She looked up and smiled at me while I walk over.

"Hey M."

"Hi B"

"So I was-" I tried to ask Maisy something but right then Abby came in with Gianna.

"Everyone line up." Abby says while going in front of the pyramid.

"Let's get started right away. Congratulations on a big win. I need to talk to your mothers for a while so head to studio B with Gianna."

We do as told and go back to Studio A after about 10 minutes.

||"The kids are definitely getting along better than the moms. I think that of all the moms have a drink or two they will get along better." Brady Farrar.

"Seriously." Tricia Farrar.||

(lol I love this part sm)

"Now onto the pyramid."

"Ok, on the bottom of the pyramid, Hannah

"Ok, on the bottom of the pyramid, Hannah. You did the right choreography at the wrong time. That doesn't happen at the ALDC. Understand"

"Yes."

"Now next on the pyramid, GiaNina and Brady. Brady at the end of the competition I thought everyone would be talking about you. They weren't. Now, GiaNina, same thing. Did you do anything wrong? No. Were you spectacular, eh not really."

I don't think it's very fair for Miss Abby to do that but it's her pyramid.

"Next we have Sarah. They are certain elements that you have been trained wrong. It's my job to point them out but your job to correct them."

"Now, Presley. For someone who doesn't have very good flexibility, I thought you did outstanding."

"Next is Maisy. For not having a solo and not having a special part in the group you were amazing. Your technique is impeciple and you correct your mistakes almost instantly. Good job."

I am so happy for Maisy! She is an incredible dancer!

||"Would you look at that. Maisy getting special treatment again. No other kid would get third on the pyramid without a special part in the group dance or another number." Stacey Ketchman||

"Second on the pyramid is... Savannah. Now, you may be wondering why you're second if you won overall. Yes you did, but your mother ruined being on top for you."

"And that brings me to the top of the pyramid. Liliana."

We all clap for her even though I can tell some people are mad about it.

"Now why is Lilly on the top of the pyramid, she got second. It's because her facial expressions were outstanding. She could have been filming a movie."

||"I dont get why Lilly was on top when she got second." Joanne Paolantonio

"And she was like crying about it." GiaNina Paolantonio

"I don't get it. Like is it about dancing, being a leader, is it about being pretty." Joanne Paolantonio||

"This week we are travelling to Zansbeen, Ohio to attend 'Drop the Beat'. This week the solos go to GiaNina and Hannah. Hannah your solo is entitled "The Last Unicorn" and it is a lyrical piece. GiaNina, you have a jazz piece called "Rich Girl". Now, we will also be doing a contemporary duet titled "All I Ask". This will be going Brady and Maisy."

I look over to her and smile. I'm so happy that we get to do a duet together! Wait, did someone tell Abby about us and that's why? No, I should just be thankful we get this opportunity.

"The group routine is probably the most... serious piece i've done. The name of the dance is called "Thoughts and Prayers"."

A few of the moms and Abby discuss what that means to them.

"Put your personal beliefs aside because now you are cast in a routine and you must play the part. Moms your finished you may go."

And with that it was time to start the group routine.

---------------------------------------

authors note\\please read:

Ok so here is the duet you guys have been waiting for! If you want a sneak peak at the dance and some future dances go check out my audio swap youtube account! Just search "Maisy Audio Swaps and More" and it should come up! 

Btw my name is not Maisy, it is Sophie but I didn't want to use my real name so I used Maisy's lol.

xoxo soph