━━ chapter twenty-one

maisy's pov:

"Okay girls, moms, let's get on the bus!" Miss Abby says as we finish practicing for the day.

I grab my stuff and head over to Lilly, "Wanna sit by me on the bus?" I ask.

"Yes!" she says smiling while grabbing her bags.

"Great, we can watch some Netflix and record a little for YouTube!" I say heading onto the bus.

Almost all of the girls have a YouTube channel so we all like to record whenever we can.

"Okay." she says smiling as we sit down.

It's the seats that Brady and I always sat in...

Just then I get a text from someone.

-----

brady💓:

Hey Maisy, just wanted to
wish you good luck today!
I miss you like crazy!
I really wish I could be there
with you but i'll be rooting
for you from home.
Cya soon💞

me:

Hi B! I miss you too.
I can't wait to see you!
I'll text or ft yo later once
the competition is over and
tell you everything that
 happened. Bye Brades!💖

-----

"Aww! You two are so cute!" Lilly says looking at my phone.

I blush and put my phone down, "t-thanks."

"Anyways, let's turn on some Netflix!" Lilly says getting out her laptop.

{lil' time skip}

We get to the competition and see a big crowd waiting for us like normal. We go and say hi before going to the dressing room. Once we get inside I start getting ready for my solo. 

"So, how are the soloists feeling? Are you ready to bring it?" Stacey asks as I put my makeup on.

"Well, I'm nervous because this solo is about a serious topic and I really want to tell the story is a way that wont offend anyone else." I say

"You'll do great." my mom says reassuringly.

Just as I was about to continue, Miss Abby comes in.

"Hello Everybody!"

We continue to talk and get ready for a good half an hour and in all of it somehow GiaNina's solo is pulled because she wont wear a pair of slippers. But if i'm being honest, they were pretty horrendous. But, before we know it, it is time for Sarah and I to head backstage.

"Good luck!" they all say and we leave. 

Once we get backstage we both start to do our own thing and practice our solos. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm sad Gia's number was pulled and I want Sarah to do well but I need to pull this dance off. If I don't on such a serious topic it could ruin me. I need to win to prove myself.

---

"Next up we have Sarah with 'American Sweetheart'."

---

Sarah exits the stage and I give her a big hug.

"Sarah that was so good!" I say.

"Thanks but I messed up the landing on one of my tucks." she says.

Right as I was about to tell her I din't even notice, a man walks up to us and hugs her. But, before I could see who it was, it was my turn to head on stage.