Chapter 1

It was just another day for our six artists, and at the moment they were stuffing their faces.

Himchan was staring off into space until Daehyun snapped his fingers in his face.

"Are you okay? Do you feel sick?" Jongup asked.

"No, I was thinking. We always talk about our 'Perfect Girl', but none of us have ever found them," he took another drink of Coke.

"I guess so," Yongguk continued eating.

"It's not like we hang around people like that anyway," Daehyun shrugged.

"With the exception of our maknae, of course," Youngjae nodded towards Zelo.

"Yeah, it is your last year of school. Is there anyone that meets your demands?" Himchan asked.

"Ugh," he put his arms on the table and laid his head on top, "You always ask me things like this!"

"Give our maknae a break," Yongguk laughed.

Zelo smiled and snuggled into his arm, "There are lots of pretty girls, but that's not all I want."

"There we go," Youngjae laughed and pat his head.

"I think what they're trying to say is, is there anyone you don't see as just another pretty face?" Yongguk clarified.

"Um....." He sat up and grabbed his fork. He poked at his chicken, "There is one girl," Zelo smiled and stared out the window.

"What's her name?" Daehyun asked, suddenly interested in the maknae's love story.

"I don't know," he shrugged. They all looked at him.

"You like her," Jongup started, "Yet you don't know her name?"

"Well, I haven't ever talked to her. We don't have classes together and she always leaves before I get the chance during breaks or after school," he shrugged.

"What makes her so different?" Himchan asked.

"She doesn't really care a whole lot about her appearance and she's always reading or studying, so she gives off this smart vibe," Zelo laughed nervously, clearly embarrassed.

"Maybe you should try harder," Daehyun smirked, "I say we start an operation."

"No, don't," Zelo laughed and shook his head.

"Let's do it! Oporation Maknae Love Story, is a go!" Youngjae pumped his fist in the air.

"I like it! I'm on board," Himchan pat Zelo on the back.

"Us to," Daehyun raised his and Jongup's hands.

"I guess that means I'm in to, huh?" Yongguk finished his drink.

"Yep," they all said with the exception of Zelo who laid his head back down.

"Please don't screw this up for me," he mumbled.

∆∆∆∆∆

The next Monday rolled around and while Zelo was in his first class, the other five members were trying to get the principal to agree to grant them the opportunity to have an assembly.

This was only phase one of their plan.
They didn't know who she was, but they had to try and wow her for their maknae's sake.

"You would like to perform at my school?" The principal asked and they nodded.

He sighed and leaned against the desk, "I may be able to make a day for you."

"Alright!" Daehyun clapped, "Thank you!" He bowed.