Prologue | Thinkin About You

Onika's P.O.V
Home
TAMPA, FL
2019

Prologue | Thinkin About You

It was Friday afternoon, and Onika sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a cup of hot tea

It was Friday afternoon, and Onika sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a cup of hot tea. Joe would be coming home tomorrow night, and for some reason, Onika was excited.

The very thought of just being near Joe made her go weak in the knees. Onika shook her thoughts from Joe. She had to stop thinking about him so much. It was getting to the point that he was starting to invade her every thought and dream.

The past year has been great for Onika and Joe. Who knew a charity event would bring them together, and now they were discussing marriage and having children together.

Onika has moved to Tampa, Florida, and she loved it. She loved being around his family and his three children, who were attached to her. She even had a great relationship with his ex, Galina, which most people didn't think was possible.

Onika finished her tea, took her empty cup to the sink, rinsed it out, and put it in the dishwasher. She walked through the house to the living room and sat down on the couch before grabbing her phone and dialed Brooke's number, and waited for an answer.

"Hello?" Brooke asked from the other side of the line.

"Hey Brooke, it's me," Onika said.

"Hey, girl!" Brooke said excitedly into the receiver. "What have you been up to?" She asked.

"Girl, just living my best life in Tampa. I haven't heard from you in a while, so I had to call and check up on you." Onika answered.

"Oh, girl, I'm good. I just came from seeing Rah; she is doing way better now." Brooke said.

"Oh, that's good cause you know I'm super worried about her," Onika said.

"I know you are but don't worry yourself. She'll be fine in no time." Brooke said.

"Alright, I gotta go and get ready to go to the studio," Onika said.

"Alright, talk to you later," Brooke said.

Joe's P.O.V
GOLDEN 1 CENTER
SACRAMENTO, CA

"Man, he's staring at his phone again," Xavier said

"She must have sent him another photo." Big E said.

"I swear they are obsessed with each other," Dolph said.

"It's normal. They're in love." Kofi said.

"Stop talking about me," I said, putting my phone down.

"Stop doing things that make us talk about you," Xavier said.

"As I said, he's in love, so don't blame him," Kofi said.

"Thanks, Kofi," I said.

"I bet you're excited to go home to Onika and probably destroy another bed or something." Big E said.

"That was one time, E," I said.

"One time, I'm pretty sure you guys were ban from that hotel." Big E said.

"It's not my fault those hotel beds were cheaply made," I said.

"Wait, that happened?" Dolph asked.

"Yes, It was so funny seeing the hotel staff carrying two broken beds out of their room," Xavier answered.

"Let's not talk about my sex life," I said.

"What are y'all doing once you get home?" Kofi asked.

"I think she wanted to shoot a video for a new song, so I'm probably gonna follow her around and spend time with the kids," I answered.

"Oh, you a video vixen now." Big E said.

"Isn't video vixen what they call the ladies who do music videos?" Dolph asked.

"So, what do they call the men who do it?" Big E replied.

"Male models," Xavier answered.

"Oh." Big E said.

"I'm leaving now," I said.

"Bye, and tell Onika to shout me out on Queen's Radio," Xavier said.

"Me too," Dolph said.

"Yeah, sure," I said, walking away.

"Man, he is so whipped." Big E said.

"You would be too if you were dating the Nicki Minaj!" Xavier exclaimed.