Chapter Eight | Matrimony

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Onika's P.O.V

Couldn't make you wait forever, for forever
This is forever
I gotchu

Onika adjusted her dress one last time as Titi fixed her veil. Onika opened the door to the bridal suite to see her dad standing in front of her.

"What do you think?" Onika asked her father.

He smiled at her; she'd never looked more beautiful.

"You look beautiful, Onika." He said. He kissed her on the cheek before linking her arm in his.

"Are you ready?" He asked as they entered the elevator.

"Yes, I can't wait to see him," Onika answered as the elevator dinged, and they exited it. They were lead to double doors.

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it
It don't belong to anyone but you
If there's a question of my love, you've got it
Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you
Baby, I've been making plans, oh love
Baby, I've been making plans for you

Joe watched as the doors opened, and he saw Rah walking down the aisle, followed by Brooke.

Behind Brooke, he saw Ariana.

Behind Ariana, he saw Chyna followed by Trinity and then Onika's maid of honor, Titi.

He waited until Titi had taken her position, then JoJo came out dropping rose petals to the ground, and the wedding march began.

Everyone stood. And Joe smiled as he saw Onika stepping out from behind the door. She looked gorgeous. He was starting to tear up, and Jon handed him a tissue which Joe gladly took.

"There goes your wife, uce," Jon said.

I'll admit it, all be it pathetic
That I'm in my late 20s still never been to a wedding
Guess the idea of that lobby empty, do not sit with me well
It's not your fault they try get me, cause I'ma need the sales
Cause I'm selfish, and I need you to myself
Tryna see you afloat but don't wanna see you on sale
Cause I failed and see you bout to cry

Onika couldn't keep the smile off her face. The hotel rooftop looked magical. Everything was perfect. Her dreams came to life.

As they got closer to Joe, she saw a few tears coming down his cheeks, but he quickly wiped away. As they reached the altar, she felt's her father's grip on her arm gets tighter.

She turned to him and kissed his cheek, and said to him. "Thank you; I love you."

He smiled at his daughter before handing her over to Joe and whispering. "I love you too."

Onika turned her back and handed her bouquet to Titi as her father and Joe shook hands.

But I plan to do it better though
But you still sayin' let it go
We ain't gettin' any younger
Women love me now but in your eyes we forever though

Her father stood behind both; he waited for the priest to begin.

"Who presents this woman." The priest asked.

"I do." Her father said; the priest gave him a nod as Joe and Onika stood there, and her father returned to his seat.

Joe whispered to Onika that she'd never looked more beautiful. Onika smiled and wiped the tears from his eyes, and he did the same to her.

"Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to celebrate with Leati Joseph Anoa'i and Onika Tanya Maraj as they proclaim their love and commitment to the world. We are gathered to rejoice, with and for them, in the new life they now undertake together." The Priest said.

"Leati Joseph Anoa'i and Onika Tanya Maraj, the relationship you enter into today must be grounded in the strength of your love and the power of your faith in each other. To make your relationship succeed, it will take eternal love. It will take trust to know in your hearts that you truly want what is best for one another and to learn and grow together. It will take faith to go forward together without knowing what the future holds. If you both come freely and understand the responsibility and work involved to make your relationship thrive, and are committed to not only each other but your family, please take each other by the hands and reply, 'we do.'" The Priest said.

"Leati, repeat after me:" The Priest said.

"Onika Tanya Maraj, you are my best friend and everlasting companion. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours. Now place the ring on her hand and repeat after me... with this ring, I promise to stand with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together." Joe said.

"Onika, repeat after me:" The Priest said.

"Leati Joseph Anoa'i, you are my best friend and everlasting companion. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours. Now place the ring on his hand and repeat after me.... with this ring, I promise to stand with you as we share this life and cherish the memories we make together." Onika said.

"Leati Joseph Anoa'i and Onika Tanya Maraj, before this moment, you each walked a separate path. Now, you embark together on a shared path. Yet the journey is not yours alone, for you have already been blessed with beautiful children. It is the strength of your love that shall nourish you all together as a family. Leati and Onika, today, you had stood before these witnesses and declared your intent to commit your lives to each other in marriage. You have made promises to each other and your family. Your road to this moment has not always been smooth, but you continued to fight for one another. I hope you will never forget the fight and perseverance it has taken to get to this moment. And I hope you will never forget the love and joy you feel today because these are the values that will keep your marriage, family, and bond to one another strong." The Priest said.

As they each slid a ring onto each other's fingers.

"And so, by the power vested in me by the American Marriage Ministries and the State of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The Priest said.

"Leati, you may kiss your bride." The Priest said.

Finally, the moment had come.

Joe lightly grabbed Onika's face and pulled her into a kiss. As they pulled apart, the priest presented to everyone, "Mr. and Mrs. Leati and Onika Anoa'i."

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it
It don't belong to anyone but you
If there's a question of my love, you've got it
Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you
Baby, I've been making plans, oh love
Baby, I've been making plans for you