HYEWON Pt1

Olivia groans as she gets up from her bed, she starts complaining about having to go school, she knows that the reason why she is so tired is because she has passed all night playing video games, apart from that she hasn't done math homework, however, she doesn’t regret her decision, she can finish her homework at the bus. She looks at the clock, it is 7:00 AM  school starts at 8.00 AM, but she should be ready by 7:30 AM because she has to take the bus, she stands up and takes her uniform. The uniform of her school is a white shirt, a tie, a jumper and then you can choose to wear a skirt or trousers, Olivia usually wears a skirt unless it is winter. She has finished dressing when she hears her parents calling from upstairs, she goes to the kitchen to eat her breakfast. She is eating her breakfast while she chats with her parents.

While Olivia is eating her breakfast at another house not far away from her, a girl called Gowon has woken up, she gets up and while she is getting ready she starts humming some songs. She goes downstairs to prepare her breakfast, she founds her mom on the couch sleep, she probably had arrived late from work and she would have beem so exhausted that she decided to sleep on the couch rather than in her bedroom that is upstairs. Gowon smiles sadly at her mom, she feels bad about her, her mom is always working because they need money, Gowon doesn’t work because she goes to secondary school and she has to study a lot but she may start looking for a job. Gowon after fixing her moms blanket she heads to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast, while she is munching his cookies she is looking at Twitter. After some time has passed she notices that it is 7:25 and she has to take the bus to go to school. She takes the money that her mother has left on the table to buy something to eat and while she is carrying her bag she runs to the bus stop. She enters the bus and after paying for the bus she starts looking for a seat, nearly all the seats are taken and as always she ends up sitting near Olivia. Olivia and Gowon always sit together on the bus but they usually don’t speak to each other. Gowon and Olivia go to the same school and they even have friends in common, still, they don't speak to each other. Gowon sees Olivia doing some homework, Olivia is too concentrate on her math homework that she doesn't notice that Gowon has sit beside her and that she is looking at her homework. Olivia sighs, why maths are so complicated?

“5” Gowon says while she is looking at the front.

“What?” Olivia asks with a confused face.

“The answer of the problem that you are trying to solve is 5, do you want me to help you? We still have some time before we arrive to school” Gowon says with a warm smile on her face.

“Yes, please” Olivia answers with a shy smile.

Without wasting any time Gowon starts explaining maths to Olivia. While Gowon is explaining, there are moments in which Olivia steals some glances at her. Olivia knew that Gowon is beautiful but now that they are this close and that she can take a better look to her face, the only thing that she can think is that Gowon may be one of the most beautiful person she has ever met. Gowon explains everything to Olivia and thanks to Gowon she understands everything. Then they arrive to school, they have different classes and they have to say goodbye. Gowon turns around to go to her first class when she hears Olivia calling her, she looks backs.

“Thank you for helping me.” Olivia says sheepishly.

Gowon smiles in response and then she heads back to her class.

••••••

Classes have finished, Gowon stomach starts growling, she is hungry but she can’t buy anything much because she doesn’t have much money after buying her lunch. Gowon heads to the bus after buying some licorice which is her favorite candy after all. She sits next to Olivia and offers her some licorice, Olivia accepts the candy but apart from that, they don’t speak their way home.

Gowon arrives at her house but before entering she has the idea of passing by her neighbourhood. She knows that one of her neighbours is looking for a tutor for her daughter, she wouldn’t gain a lot of money but she wouldn’t need to ask her mother for cash.

Gowon arrives at her house happy, she has the job, she will be starting next week and they will speak about the price. To celebrate her new job she tries to cook some nuggets but she ends up almost burning the kitchen so she decides to order take away food.

While Gowon is eating her food Olivia is having a struggle, she doesn’t know what to do: play video games or homework, normally she would choose video games and then do her homework at the bus but she ends up choosing homework because she doesn’t want Gowon to think bad about her.

••••••

It is Friday, and Gowon arrives panting to the bus because she has overslept. After sitting next to Olivia she sighs. Olivia looks at her and she sees that Gowon has wrongly her tie, she wants to tell her but she is shy, after five minutes she decides to speak.

“Do you want some help with your tie?” Olivia asks  with all the confidence she has.

At first Gowon after hearing that she looks confused to the girl she has beside her then when she looks down she realizes how she has her tie and she starts laughing.

“Yes, please. As you can see I am a disaster” Gowon answers her.

Olivia helps the blonde girl with her tie. The only thing that Gowon can think while Olivia is fixing her tie with a concentrated face is cute, her thoughts are interrupted when Olivia tells her that she has finished and Gowon thanks her.