Summer School

Mya's POV

We were all sitting in class, as per-usual but today was special because it was the last day of summer school.

As usual I wasn't really paying attention until one of my best friends walked in.

"Ah, sorry I'm late. I was watching that Lincoln documentary you told us to." Mikey said walking up to Mr Iglesias in front of the class. I gave him a little wave and he went white and had to lean back on the desk. I guess he's not feeling well, also he hasn't gotten over what happened on the last day of school.

I don't know why I did it but I did. I've just avoided talking about it but I still find it fun to do stuff like this because of how Mikey reacts. I'm not doing it to be a tease or anything because I'm doing normal human things, except the way he reacts is priceless.

"Lincoln was a real badass. No president killed more vampires than that guy." Walt said being... y'know Walt.

"Not that documentary, but a very underrated film. Yeah, the way he killed Dracula with that ax handle.
Oh! Very presidential." Mr Iglesias said. I don't know why he encourages this although funny, completely hopeless.

"You know, in the in the Lincoln movie I watched, he said, "Until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword.
" Second inaugural address, Lincoln from way downtown. Bang!" Mikey said I'm really proud of him for learning so much.

"Careful, Mikey. People don't like to hear "Lincoln" and "bang" in the same sentence. Good job! You know, if you had brought it like that all summer, you wouldn't need to nail this report on Honest Abe."Mr Iglesias continued.

"Yes, on our greatest president, who we honor by putting on our cheapest coin." I said while giving a smug look to Mr Iglesias. Mikey seemed to really enjoy my joke.

"Is that what... Cheapest... Amazing." Mikey said looking at me with... well I don't know how to describe the look he had. So eventually I just gently pushed his head back to Mr Iglesias.

"Uh What about you, Grace? Are you ready for this final?" Mr Iglesias asked.

Grace responded using her computer "Yeah, dog.
I was born ready."

"You know, being that your presentation is on Susan B.Anthony, it might be a good idea to put your computer in a female voice." Mr Iglesias suggested.

"This is a female voice. Check your privilege. You are part of the problem." Grace defended, still using her computer to talk.

"No, Grace. I'm not part of the problem."Mr Iglesias defended before doing one of his funny voices.

"And by the way, this is a female voice. "And I told him, 'Look I don't play, baby, okay? If you bring that weak ass game up in here, it is gon' get sent." Mr Iglesias did a voice that sounded vaguely like our principal which only added to the comedy.

"Oh, my God, that's a killer Principal Madison impression." Mikey said, saying something we all agreed with.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Whoa, that's not Principal Madison. That's That's just some random lady." Mr Iglesias defended.

"Well, whoever it is, she's sexy as hell!" Walt said. Although I don't believe any of us wanted to hear it.

"Oh, you know how to make a girl blush." Mr Iglesias said.

Time Skip to break

Me and Mikey were practicing our oral reports in the library. And I was finishing mine up on Rosa Parks. I knew Mikey was paying attention because he couldn't take his eyes off me so that must mean my speech was good. I hope.