Chapter 8: Another Average Student

She walked down the corridor, her mind was a wandering mess after Snape had kissed her. She had barely slept a wink the night before, her eyes bloodshot and glassy. She had dreamt of things not every student should think about there teacher.....* if ya catch my drift ;)*

She lazily shuffled down the stone hallway, students intermingling as they made there way towards classes. She walked through the door to potions and saw Snape hadn't arrived yet, which confused her greatly. She shrugged and sat at her assigned seat, as other students filed through the doorway. A few seconds later professor Dumbledore walked through the opening silently. He walked up to the podium, " Good Morning Students, Im afraid Professor Snape has caught a cold, I will be filling in for him today".

She sat there in shock, Professor Snape taking a day off from class was absurd, or at the very least odd. Class droned on for the next hour and a half, as they mostly deleaved into talking about which fungi not to use in specific magical brews. When class ended she was about to leave, when a soft and kind voice called her to the front.

She looked up and noticed dumbledore eyeing her with a sense of mirth in his eyes. She walked up to him slowly, her red curls blowing behind her.

" Good Day Headmaster Dumbledore, what do I owe such an occasion"?

He chuckled at her proper etiquette

" My Dear, it has come to my attention that Professor Snape gave you detention"?

She nodded at tge proceeding thoughts swirling around her head. Would she have to see Snape.....

" Seen as he could not teach, you can have today off". Her jaw dropped at his words.....

" B-But Sir, are you sure"?

" Of Course, afterall you are just another student, who has more important matters to attend too".

With that he nodded at her, and proceeded to walk out of the room, leaving her shocked and utterly confused??