Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Looking at my notes, I realised that although I'd got something down for all the other boys, I didn't have anything by way of a description for Harry so I picked up my Dictaphone and tried to remember as much as I could.

Flicking the Dictaphone button to record, I attempted to recall what he had been wearing.

"Ok...um...Harry was the last of the boys in. He was wearing a burgundy coloured Jack Wills hoodie and jeans. I guess you could say he looked pretty hot."

I made a face as remembered his arrogant comments. "I'm sure he would probably say so himself."

I paused the recording as I recalled everything he'd said and as I did so, I began to get myself worked up again.

"I have girls falling at my feet all the time," I mocked, as his comments came flooding back into my head. I pressed record.

"Jeez does he love himself! Mr 'I could have a girl for every day of the week!' Well maybe he should try having just the one girlfriend like normal people do," I paused the recording again.

Which of them was worse? Josh for cheating behind my back or him for being so brazen that he would sit there and openly admit he could have any girl he wanted?

I pushed the record button in a temper. "Well his floppy hair, his 'ooh aren't I amazing?' grin and his 'come to bed' eyes don't do it for me. In fact from what I've seen of him so far, I'd say that Harry Styles is probably nothing but a two-timing douchebag!"

"Am I?"

The voice came from behind me. My stomach flipped, I jumped up and swivelled round on my toes.

To my total horror, I found myself standing face to face with Harry Styles.

This in itself would have been classed as a pretty crazy scenario but add to that the fact that I'd just called him a two-timing douchebag and at that moment in time I actually thought I was going to be physically sick.

"I've never been called a douchebag before," he smiled.

Oh God. Amber! I wanted to spontaneously combust so that I could have been anywhere else but in that room with him.

I felt my face turn scarlet; my stomach did an almighty somersault. Oh God! I was totally lost for words and I could feel my neck turning redder and redder.

He flicked his curls out of his face and put his head on one side. "What exactly is a douchebag anyway? Is it like a bag you keep your shower gel and your toothpaste in?" He smiled the most amazing smile I'd ever seen and I stood there, completely rooted to the spot.

I opened my mouth but the only sound I was capable of producing was a muffled, "mmmnf."

Amber! Get a grip for God's sake! "Um...," I stuttered. "I think it's made up."

I was in such a state of shock that I started to feel the familiar sting of tears springing up into my eyes and I gulped really hard to supress them. No Amber! Please No!

I turned away to hide my face and wipe away a tear that was threatening to fall so he wouldn't see I was upset but it was too late.

"Hey, are you ok? Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I like douchebag, douchebag works for me. In fact I'm going to use it every opportunity I have from now on. Douchebag. There you go!"

He laughed. He was laughing at me.

I was suddenly overwhelmed by emotion and all my pent up hurt and anger came tumbling out.

"DON'T PATRONISE ME! OK?" I shouted.

I gasped for breath trying desperately to fight back the tears and becoming angrier with every second because I couldn't stop them from falling.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO DO? FALL AT YOUR FEET JUST BECAUSE YOU PRETEND TO LIKE MY STUPID MADE-UP WORD?"

The tears were streaming down my cheeks and I was fighting to control my breath. Everything that had happened, everything that had been building up since this morning suddenly reached a head. I was at breaking point, complete and utter meltdown.

"WELL YOU CAN JUST GO TO HELL!"

I fell back into the chair behind me, buried my head in my hands and cried my heart out.

I sobbed until I felt the sleeves of my top became wet and it seemed like I was hiding with my head buried in my hands for an age but I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to stay there, away from the outside world.

As the tears eventually began to subside, my head felt fuzzy and the rest of my body was completely numb.

When I finally lifted my head up from my hands, I found myself looking directly into the warm, emerald green eyes of Harry Styles.

He'd knelt down in front of me and as the last tear I had left in me started to roll slowly down my cheek, he lifted up his arm and gently wiped it away with the sleeve of his hoodie, all the time looking deep into my sad eyes.

"Please don't cry," he said softly. "Amber Curtis..." He looked sideways at my press badge "...Of 'Wow' magazine."

He gently dabbed the tip of my nose where a teardrop had formed and was just about to fall.

"Look, I don't know what's happened but if you need someone to talk to, I'm a good listener. Why don't we go...?"

Suddenly there was a loud crash in the corridor outside and I heard someone shouting.

"GIRLS! You can't go in there. Someone call security!"

Within seconds the room was full of excited fans and Harry was mobbed. He stumbled back as he tried to stand up. There must have been ten or twelve girls on top of him on the floor.

Two bouncers as big as houses came rushing in and started pulling the girls away. I grabbed my bag and my notes and ran out of the door, down the long corridor and out into the street.

When I got outside, I stopped, stood totally still and dropped my bag and my notes on the floor. Did that really just happen?

I took a huge, deep breath and whispered to myself. "Oh God. Amber."

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!!!