Chapter three: Don't Leave

Chris walked home slowly. It was getting late and the sun would be down soon but he didn't care. His mind on was on his plans. He had thought about it all day as he walked around the city. Chris wouldn't give it up. Not the city, not the little apartment he lived in and especially not Rayflo. So then he would fight the monster trying to torment Rayflo even if it meant going back to the Vatican.

"What are you thinking about so deeply?"

A cloud of bats swarmed around Chris and manifested into Rayflo. He wrapped his arms around Chris' s neck and grinned. Chris hadn't realized the sun had gone down.

"You know it's dangerous for a pretty boy like you to be wandering alone at night. Anything could happen."

Chris scoffed but said nothing. There was a moment of silence before Rayflo spoke again.

"So where did you go?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know." Chris said looking back at him with narrowed eyes.

Rayflo stared into Chris' eyes for a few seconds.

"What did you ask our guardian angel then? If there was a way to defeat Belial." Rayflo sighed and rested his head on Chris' back.

"Sorry to disappoint but I could have told you there is none."

"THEN WHAT?!" Chris shouted turning around to face Rayflo.

"YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO DO NOTHING?! YOUR REALLY OKAY WITH LOSING EVERYTHING!? ARE YOU OKAY WITH LEAVING ME?!" Chris yelled his eyes glowing red then he dropped his head suddenly feeling tired.

"You promised." He said more softly.

Rayflo smiled sadly and took Chris' hand, kissing it.

"I won't leave you again."

Chris looked up at Rayflo through blurred eyes. Rayflo studied Chris' hand with a thoughtful look on his face.

"If he takes you away from me I will surely-"

Chris jerked his hand back and turned, starting back home.

"I'm going back to the Vatican. They may have the things that I need."

"Do you really believe that?"

Chris stopped.

"At least there's hope."

"Hope." Rayflo said to himself. Hope was what he thought he had gotten when he obtained power from Belial only for it to all go to Hell anyway. He stared at Chris' back as he walked away. But maybe... Shaking his head, Rayflo started to follow him. As he did he looked up and saw a lone bat fly across the moon.

{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}{{}}

Eureka kneeled down as he prayed to the cross hanging up on the wall of his bedroom. A rosary was clasped between his hands.

"Praying again? What do you hope to accomplish?"

Eureka looked up to see Belial bending over him. His long black hair coiled around him on the floor. Then Eureka closed his eyes and continued to pray.

"Oh, am I getting the silent treatment now?"

Ignoring him Eureka finished up his prayer and then finally, stood. Then he walked to the drawer near his bed and slipped the rosary beads inside.

"Is there something you forgot to tell me earlier today?"

Belial smirked and walked over to the open window.

"No. I just came to wish you a good night."

Eureka eyed Belial as he got into bed, knowing full well that what he said was a lie.

"Well then good night, little Eureka."  He said turning into black bats and flying out of the window.

Eureka knew why he came. He wanted to remind him of what would start tomorrow. His little game of torture.

Eureka cut off his lamp light and lay down on his side. It wouldn't matter to him anymore. He did his part already. He warned them and that would be enough. They could handle it on their own. Eureka sighed and buried his face in his pillow.

It shouldn't matter to him anymore...