I Promise

I changed in the bathroom and put my clothes over my swimsuit. 

I slipped on some sandals and started making my way downstairs

I slipped on some sandals and started making my way downstairs. I sat on the couch and turned my phone on to see a couple of texts from Oliver.

Oliver: So, do you want to go somewhere?

Oliver: Y/nnnnnnn

Oliver: Where did you go???

Oliver: Come backkkk

You: Calm down Oliver. Sorry I had to change. I also have a friend over so I'm a little occupied. 

Oliver: Oh, so I guess we can't hang out today? 

You: I'm sorry.

Oliver: It's okay. I'll talk to you later. Bye

You: Bye

I put my phone down and felt someone grab my shoulders.

   " Did I scare ya?"  

   " Nope. "

   " Aww. I tried. "

   " You failed. "

   " Are you ready to go? "

   " Yes. Can you drive or do you want to take the bus? "

   " You don't have a car? "

   " No, when my parents passed they had a billion dollars in their account. I only use the money for groceries. "

   " Ooohhh I see, but still you kind of need a car. "

   " I don't. I like walking and taking the bus. "

   " Well, today you'll be riding in a car with me. Now let's go. "

I stood up and we started walking to the front door. We walked through the door and I locked it behind me. We walked to his garage and he opened the door. I walked to his car and got inside. He sat in the driver's seat and started up the car. We drove out of the garage and he closed it as we started driving on the road.

   " So, when is the last time you went to the waterpark? "

   " A month ago. I went with James, Miro, Akane, and Jun. "

   " Jun? Jun Williams? "

   " Yeah. Do you know him? "

   " He's a good friend of mine. "

   " Oh. He never mentioned you to me. "

   " I'll have to get on his tail then about that. "

   " We could have met sooner. "

   " We could have, but that's not the case and now we have met and we're friends. "

I smiled at him calling us friends. I'm glad I was able to have another friend besides Akane and Miro. Jun and I don't really talk that much, but if we see each other in class we will sit beside each other and have very long conversations.

   " What are you smiling about? "

   " Nothing. "

   " If it's nothing then you don't mind telling me. "

   " I'm just glad I have another friend besides Miro and Akane. "

   " You make it sound like you don't have any other friends. "

   " Well, Jun and I talk in class sometimes and I talk with Oliver a lot, but that's it really. Miro and Akane haven't talked to me lately because of the Oliver situation. "

   " How is that going? "

   " It's not even moving. "

   " Have you thought about it since we talked? "

   " A little. "

   " What do you think? "

   " I think I may try what you did. "

   " What? "

   " Yeah. Miro and Akane hate me and Oliver is the only reason I'm sticking around. "

   " That would kill you though. "

   " I know. "

I felt tears come to my eyes but I didn't let them slip out. I felt the car come into park and Ryo looked at me. I could barely see him through the tears so it was all a blur. I felt something soft against my left cheek. 

   " It's okay to cry you know? "

   " I just..."

   " It's okay. " 

The more I thought about it the more I wanted my tears to go away. Then they burst and started falling down my cheeks. I felt Ryo start wiping them away. Both of his hands were on my cheeks now. When I stopped crying I could see a little clearer. Ryo's face looked sorrowful.

   " It'll be okay Y/n. I promise. "

( Flashback )

We went to the buffet and started grabbing food. Then we went to a seat outside and we started eating.

   " James are you okay? "

   " I'm fine. Why do you ask? "

   " You just look a little nervous. "

   " Well, I'm fine I promise. "

( Flashback Over )

   ' I promise. '

   " How about we dry these sad tears and go inside the waterpark. We can grab some food and then walk around looking around and riding some rides. How does that sound? "

   " Sounds perfect. "

A small smile appeared on his face. We got out of the car and started walking into the waterpark.

   " Thanks for that Ryo. "

   " Anytime. "

We walked into the waterpark and the first thing I saw was cotton candy pink hair.