The Choice

" Fine. "

   " Great! "

He hugged me and then held my shoulders. He looked excited and happy.

   " We will leave later in the day. When it gets darker. "

   " Okay. "

I saw him walk away practically bouncing and I walked back upstairs. I walked down the long hallway towards the elegant library. I walked inside and saw the huge window. The hole I had carved was gone. The glass was slick and clean.

   ' It's like I didn't even escape. '

I closed the door and left the room that I escaped through. I wandered around the house until I saw Mikasan.

   " Y/n I need to get you ready for your date tonight. "

   " Is it already time? "

   " You have been wandering around the place for a long time. I am afraid it's time. "

   " Okay. "

I followed Mikasan up the stairs and into my room. There I saw many dresses strawn around my bed. They were elegant dresses with elegant shoes.

   " Why are they so elegant? "

   " Oliver said since this was your first official date with him, he wanted to take you to somewhere fancy. "

   ' But I can't run in those shoes. Darn it. I'll just have to play nice for now.'

   " Okay. Mikasan you pick the dress. "

   " Really? "

   " Sure. "

As she looked around at the dresses I got tempted to ask her a question.

   " Mikasan? "

   " Yes? "

   " If you could let me go would you? "

The aura changed in the room. It was happy and peaceful but now it's sad. She stood straight and turned towards me.

   " Y/n, if I could let you go I would. I can't...I can't stand to see you look this unhappy and emotionless. I want you to be happy. I'm your friend after all. "

   " Then, why don't you let me go? "

   " Because I'm afraid of what Oliver would do to me. He would kill me. Then he would kill Million because we are related. I can't put either of us at risk. I'm sorry Y/n. "

I saw tears start to leave her eyes. She started sobbing. I felt a pang of guilt as I saw her sobbing form. I walked towards her and hugged her. She hugged me back and I started rubbing up and down her back.

   " I understand. Thank you for telling me. Why don't we pick out a dress then? "

   " Yes, let's. You may not enjoy the night but I a going to make you look even more beautiful than you are now. "