Chapter 2

My 3:00 class goes by in a blur. For some reason, I can't seem to keep my focus on the lesson. It also happens to be one of my favorite classes: Creative Writing. Maybe I'm starting to get sick, which would not be fun at all.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by other students gathering their things. I put my notebook and laptop in my bag.

"Remember, your assignment is to write down five possible story ideas. They will be due Monday." Ms. Stevenson manages to say before everyone leaves.

I walk across campus to the parking lot where my car is parked. As soon as I'm about to unlock the door, my cell phone buzzes alerting me to a text. It's from Becks.

Becky: There's a party right by Colby's house tonight. Wanna come?

I start tapping on my phone case, debating on my answer. A party does sound like fun at the moment. But I also have two assignments I should get a head start on. Although, it's only Thursday and I only have classes at night tomorrow.

Aubree: Count me in. As long as you don't force me to drink.

Becky: YAY! Don't worry, Colby and I have your back :)

I smile after reading Beck's last text. She's so sweet and I can't believe we have become good friends. I stick my car key in the ignition and drive to my house.

Traffic wasn't as bad as I thought. I managed to get home at a better time than what I was thinking. I park my car in the driveway and reach for my house key.

I'm welcomed home by the sound of silence.

"Mom, I'm home!" Still nothing.

I pad over to the kitchen. There's a note on the counter in my mom's perfect handwriting.

Aubree, I'm gonna be working late tonight. Not sure when I will be home so don't wait up for me. Dinner's in the fridge, just needs to be heated up. Hope your first day was great. Love you, Mom 💜

I sigh. I was looking forward to telling my mom about my day. About my new friends, even about the guy who waved to me during Becky and Seth's training. Surprisingly, it was fun to see them sparr. I didn't think it was that weird.

My stomach rumbled, so I walked to the fridge to see what Mom made for me. Some kind of casserole with mashed potatoes. I heated up my food and ate. My mom always makes something amazing. As I eat, my phone buzzes.

Colby: Becks and I are picking you up at 8 tonight. What's your address?

I send Colby the address to my house. It's 5:30 now, which gives me plenty of time to get ready. I march up the stairs and start thinking about what I want to wear.

After looking around my closet for half an hour, I finally settle on a lacy black tank and white shorts. Completing the look with some black flip-flops and a silver necklace, I quickly do my makeup and hair. A little bit of gold eyeshadow with my hair down. I take a final look in the mirror before heading down to the living room.

I check my phone to see what time it is. 7:00, only an hour until Becks and Colby show up. I decide to lie down and watch some tv. An old rerun of FRIENDS is on and I settle in to watch it. My eyes start to droop and I find myself drifting off to sleep in no time.

I'm walking down a hallway. It's not dark but definitely a little more light could help me see where I am going. As I travel a little farther, I see a silhouette of a man standing towards the door I am trying to exit. I'm not as frightened as I should be. If anything, I feel a fire start to form in my belly.

The silhouette starts to move towards me. As the light hits his face, I know who it is immediately. The fire starts to burn even more as he picks me up and slams me against a wall. He kisses me, his lips hungry for me. His tongue begs me to let him enter and the taste of him ignites me even more.

I feel his hands move from my waist down to my ass, his nails digging into my skin. He breaks the kiss and I moan loudly. He trails little kisses down my neck, my shoulders and back along my jaw.

"Aubree." He breathlessly whispers in my ear.

I'm about to say his name, but he swallows it with another deep kiss. I feel him release me from the wall and set me down on my feet, his hand moving my chin up to meet his blue eyes.

"Baby, this is all I want. I want you and me. For the rest of our lives. Please say you want the same." His fingers intertwine with mine.

"Yes, Fergal, I'm all yours." His face lights up as he smiles and I kiss him.I

A strong knock jolts me awake. I check my phone. 8:00, must be Becks and Colby.

I open the door and find Becky standing there. She has on a black dress with boots. Her hair is swept up into a ponytail which I completely love.

"Ready to go, lass?" She flashes her smile at me.

"Sure, just need to grab my wrislet." I also grab a jacket before locking the door.

As I walk down to the car, I'm still trying to figure out why I would be dreaming about Fergal. Sure, he's attractive, but totally not my type. Probably just one of those dreams that doesn't mean anything. I shake the thought of him from my mind as we drive off. Time to have some fun.