Chapter 3

Colby pulls up to a big house where several people are littered on the front lawn. Loud music vibrates throughout the house and rings toward the outside, some kind of rock song. I open my door and walk over toward Becks, who's holding Colby's hand. I didn't get a chance to look at him when I was in the car, but he looked comfy as always. He was wearing a band tee, jeans and sneakers, his hair pulled into a low man bun. He looks down at Becks and smiles at her. Why are they perfect for eachother?

We go up a set of stairs and walk through the front door. This place is packed with several students milling around, red cups filled with the alcohol of their choice. I feel a little intimidated.

Colby whispers something in Becky's ear and gives her a kiss on the cheek. He walks into another room, leaving me and Becks in the living room.

"You wanna grab a drink?" She turns toward me.

I nod my head and we walk towards the kitchen. The counters are filled with several bottles of liquor and a keg is sitting in the middle of the floor. Becky grabs two cups and pours us each a beer. She stretches one out to me and I grab it gingerly. I know I told her I wouldn't drink but I guess one wouldn't hurt me. If anything , it might make me less nervous.

"We should make a toast" she states happily.
"I like the idea, but what should we toast to?"

She starts to think, tapping her index finger on the outside of the cup. A few seconds later her head pops back up. "To making a friend on the first day and a great year."

We tap our cups together and take a drink. The beer tastes refreshing as it goes down my throat.

"OHHH YEAH!" I hear a scream coming from the living room.

Becky shakes her head. "Dammit, Otis!"

"Who's Otis?" I ask.

She takes my arm and guides me over to a group of people. They are chanting while someone stands in the middle gulping a cup full of beer. He finishes the cup and crushes it with his hand, slamming it down on the floor. He turns toward another man with a long ponytail who high fives him and then hugs him. Seeing Becks, he walks over to us.

"BECKAY, THE MAAAAN! How's it going?" He turns toward me. "Who's the pretty lady with ya?"

"This is Aubree Smith, she's new to WRU." She points to me.

Otis takes my hand and gives it a kiss. "My lady, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Otis is the party boy of this university. He always is a good time. " She explains to me.

I smile at him. "Nice to meet you."

"Tuckie! Come here! " His voice booms throughout the room. The guy he high fived earlier makes his way over.

Tuckie wraps Becky in a hug. "How's it going? Where's The Man's Man?"

"Hey, Tucker. He went to talk to Fergal about something."

As soon as she mentions his name, my heart skips a beat. Weird, since I don't like him at all. That dream is starting to mess with me.

Tucker turns his attention on me. "Who is this?"

Otis starts talking before I can. "This is Aubree Smith, she's new." He breaks out into a sheepish grin as he talks.

"Nice to meet you," He says to me.

"Same to you." I reply.

For a few minutes, we talk about random things. Our majors, our future plans, typical things people talk about when they first meet. I don't know if it's the beer or the fact I have friends, but I start to feel like I am having a good time.

Several minutes later, Colby finds Becky. She kisses him on the cheek. "Mind if I steal my girl for a minute, Aubs?"

"Go ahead. I was gonna get another beer."

They both make their way over to another room as I walk back to the kitchen. I fill up my cup and slip out onto the back porch. I wanted to get some fresh air. The house was feeling a little stuffy.

Besides a couple making out next to me and a small group surrounding a campfire, it feels very peaceful. There's a small breeze blowing by. I find a porch swing and decide to sit down. Maybe the beer is getting to me.

I'm checking my phone when a shadow comes into view. I look up from the screen and lock eyes with a pair of blue eyes. "Mind if I join you?" He asks.

I gulp, suddenly feeling very nervous again. "S-sure." I manage to squeak out.

He sits down on the swing next to me. He has a cup of clear liquid in his hands. It looks like water, since I can't smell any alcohol on him. He takes a sip and looks over at me.

"Your name is Fergal, right?" I say.

He stretches his arms out and points to himself. "The one and only." I giggle a little bit.

"And you are Aubree." He states matter-of-factly.

"How do you know that?" My throat feels dry and I take a sip of my beer.

"Colby told me." I should have known. That was dumb of me to ask, great job Aubree! I mentally smack my forehead.

"Don't worry, it's not a dumb question." He reads my mind. That seems to put me at ease.

"So what do you think?" I look up at him, puzzled. "Wrestling." He answers for me.

"It's interesting. Still think I need to see more of what you do."

Fergal clears his throat before he speaks. He seems to grip his cup a little harder. He seems...nervous? But about what?

"You should come to our practices more. Maybe then you can let me know what you think. " A blush creeps up my face when he says that. I let out a nervous giggle.

He turns his face toward mine. I can't help but look into his ocean eyes. I seem to see the universe in them. I'm interrupted by a wet sensation on my leg.

Fergal's cup spills onto me. "Shite! " he gasps. "I'm sorry Aubrey." He seems frantic.

"Don't worry about it, Fergal." I peer into the kitchen window to see if any napkins are there.

Again, he seems to read my mind. In his jacket pocket, he pulls out some napkins. "I got it." He smiles perfectly.

He proceeds to clean up my leg. As soon as his fingers touch my skin, I feel electricity zap through me. I hear a breath escape his lips. His fingers move up my thigh, sending me into a frenzy. He turns his head to face me, running his tongue along his lips. I slowly start to move closer, hypnotized by how he makes me feel in this moment.

"Aubs, you ready to go?" Becky interrupts us. Fergal snaps away from me and pretends to adjust his jacket. Dammit, Becks! Why did you come now?

"Yeah, give me a minute." It comes out a little more frantic than normal.

She heads back inside, probably looking for Seth. I stand up and turn towards Fergal, who is right behind me. He stretches his hand out to me. "Can I have your phone?" He asks politely.

"Sure." I hand him my phone and he proceeds to type something. He hands me my phone back. On the screen, he has made me a new contact for him. I look up.

"You know, just if you need to find Becks or Seth to anything." His hands go into his pocket.

"I'll keep it in mind." He smiles at me.

"Fergal!" Someone screams from the distance.

"See you later, Fergal." I say.

"Call me Finn." He makes his way over to the campfire.

I go to find Becks when I bump into someone with blonde hair with pink ends. "Watch it!" She snaps at me.

"Sorry!" I apologize.

She smirks at me. "You should be." I move aside letting her pass me. Bitch, I think to myself.

After Becky and Colby drop me off, I get ready for bed. As I lay there, replaying my first day over again, I realize it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Somehow I drift off to sleep, thinking about blue eyes staring at me.