·Field Trip Pt 1·

Note: Yes, I had to write a field trip fic of my own. Am I sorry? No. But hopefully, you'll enjoy my take on it.

Summary: Peter's class goes on a surprise field trip. And just to his luck, it's to his own home – Avengers Tower. No one knows Peter is actually a Stark, so when people notice him at the tower, he has to come up with a believable lie. He's... an intern?

----------------------------------------------------------

Peter was sitting in his AP Chemistry class utterly bored. They were talking about stoichiometry and balancing equations – things Bruce was doing with him years ago.

Peter was on his phone, currently engrossed in his family's group chat. Apparently, Bucky was baking right now and was taking requests. Peter had to make sure Bucky made his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

"Mr. Parker," his teacher, Mr. Harrington, called out.

Peter didn't respond. He often forgot to respond to the name, 'Parker.' He was a Stark by blood and his family never let him forget it.

Ned and MJ both nudged him in the shoulders, startling their friend. Peter's eyes shot forward to the front of the classroom where his teacher looked unamused.

"Mr. Parker, the answer to the first question?" his teacher prompted.

Peter looked at the whiteboard in front of him and saw three questions neatly written for everyone to answer. He quickly read through the first question and confidently answered, "136 grams," without having to do any work.

Mr. Harrington didn't look stunned. Peter was by far the smartest student in his class. Hell, he was the smartest kid he'd ever met. He just didn't appreciate that Peter was blatantly using his phone in class. Even though he already knew everything he was teaching, he still found it rude.

"Very good, Mr. Parker. But please put your phone away."

Peter blushed. He was definitely not being as discreet as he thought he was.

"Sorry, Mr. Harrington," he immediately replied.

So instead of having his phone as a distraction all class, Peter had to sit through a basic chemistry lesson that was of no use to him. Oh well, he thought, sometimes there were downsides to being a genius.

When he heard the bell ring, Peter was the first to get up out of his seat, obviously not hearing Mr. Harrington say that he needed to make a quick announcement to the class.

"Mr. Parker," he was chastised yet again, "Were you not listening? I have an important announcement."

"Sorry, Mr. Harrington," Peter mumbled while sitting back in his seat.

Ned shot him a look of sympathy, while MJ continued to draw Peter's face 'in crisis' in her notebook.

"So, as you know, Midtown organizes a class field trip every year."

Peter wished he would never have to attend another one of Midtown's annual field trip. It was two years ago on their freshman year field trip to Oscorp where he got bit by a radioactive spider. He was never fond of school-sponsored outings after that.

The teacher continued, "This year for our juniors, the school board was lucky enough to secure a trip to the headquarters of one of the world's leaders in scientific research and development."

"Where is it?" Flash Thompson, an absolute asshat of a student interjected.

"I'm afraid that it's a surprise, Mr. Thompson," the teacher grinned, "But you guys won't be disappointed. I guarantee it."