Chapter Nine

It was late morning when we crossed into Toulouse. When I noticed that we were in France, the first thing I did was run to the nearest window and gaze out of it. It was just as pretty as I’d imagined! Green trees, geometrical buildings, a perfect pale blue sky.

We slowed down to a stop and I got down from the window, only just realising that I had climbed on top of Charles. She was still asleep, but she grunted a little when I got off of her.

“Are we here already?” I asked no one in particular. Everyone around was either too tired to care, or just as confused as I was.

“Uh, I don’t think so,” Bryan, the new tour manager, said.

“So then why’d we stop?” I asked, curious as to what the heck was going on. I sighed and decided against pestering people about the situation, and went back to reading my book, but they just got more pestering.

I looked up to find a cheeky Hazel looking down at me.

“Any idea why we aren’t moving?” She asked, stifling a yawn. I laughed and shook my head no,and then got back to my book.

I was so immersed in my book that I hadn’t noticed that everyone was awake and in the room. I continued reading, eventually getting frustrated and giving up.

“Guys, we’re out of-”

“WE’RE OUT OF POPTARTS?! NOOOOOOOOO!” Jack exclaimed, going into an unnecessary causing almost everybody to stifle laughs.

“I was going to say we’re out of gas. Or, since we’re in Europe, petrol,” Rian said. Everyone froze and turned to him. I’m pretty sure that Jack realized that pop tarts were no longer a necessity to life. A small noise came from Rian, and then all hell broke loose.

“How long do we have till the next show?” I asked no one in particular. I almost gave up before Bryan gave me the time of 8. That gave us nine hours to get to central Paris. And, assuming that panicking would take half an hour, and then another to figure out a plan, leaving us with seven and a half hours. Minus another hour for soundcheck, leaving us with six and a half. And within that time, we’d have to be driving maximum speed limit to get to the venue.

An idea sparked in my mind, and I quietly went to Rian’s bunk and found his phone. I opened up the mapping application and found our current location. I inwardly groaned. The nearest populated town, not even a city, was at least seven miles away. And I had no problem with walking there, but the real challenge would be walking back with the gas.

Of course, my mouth spoke before I could think and I ended up calling Hazel in from the living room.

"Thank you so much for getting me out of there! It's like a fish market! Except, without the fish and the market bit."

I rolled my eyes and asked her to get Sam and Charles in here as well. Soon enough, I was running my mouth off by explaining my little plan.

"Wait, so how are we going to leave without them noticing us?" Charles asked.

"Oh please - it's practically a fish market in there, but without the fish and the market bits," Hazel repeated, with a hint of annoyance in her voice. I nodded in agreement and looked at the other girls for some sort of answer.