Chapter 3

“Calm down,” was all I heard from the green eyed man pinning me down to the freezing earth. His voice was soothing and elegant, something I had never heard before. I shuddered as I felt all my muscles relax against my will. I couldn’t even panic about this because my mind turned to mush and I felt relaxed and unafraid.

 The green eyed man turned to look at the other man that was chasing me and smiled, “I love this power sometimes, Rave.”

 The other man, Rave, shook his head and walked over to us slowly, “Maybe if you didn’t pounce on her like the wild beast you are, you wouldn’t have had to use that boy, River.

 I shuddered at the man’s voice. The way he talked was almost as if he was use to giving orders like a parent to a child. The way he said the green eyed man’s name, River, was almost as if he was close to this person but he had to show his authority. You could tell they were close in age and that they were comfortable around each other. Rave had a higher aura than River. Rave looked like the kind of person that demanded respect and if you didn’t give him it you were better off dead.

 River sighed and got up off me, “What was I supposed to do? Let her get away? You would have done the same thing, Raven, so don’t scold me for it.”

 I tried to get up but my body wouldn’t move. Raven. I thought of my blue eyed wolf and tried to look around for him. He was sure to help me out here.

 Human Raven growled at River, “You didn’t have to tackle her to the ground. There were other ways to go about this.”

 River laughed, “Oh yeah? How would you suggest we could’ve done it, Raven?”

 “I don’t have to answer to a subordinate like you, River. Don’t sneer at me like this is all my fault.”

 “No, it’s your mothers fault. Had she stayed away neither of us would have exposed ourselves to the human.”

 I finally pushed myself up but everything started to spin, “Whoa.”

 That got their attention. They turned to look at me and before I knew it Human Raven was by my side looking at me concerned, “Don’t move too fast, he still doesn’t know how to control this power he has. River! Reverse this now!” Human Raven barked at his friend who came over slowly, rubbing the back of his head.

 “I’ve never reversed it, Sir. I don’t know how.”

 I shook my head and tried to stand up, “I-I’m fine. I-I need to find my wolf.”

 The men looked at each other and then back at me, “Your wolf?” River was the one to break the silence first.

 I nodded, “He found me when I got lost. I need to make sure he’s okay.” I turned to glare at the two men, “If you two had anything to do with Raven running off I’ll harm you.”

 River laughed, “Looks like you’re a pet now, Raven.”

 “Shut up, River,” Human Raven scowled at him before turning back to me shaking his head, “Nothing has come of the wolf. He’s perfectly safe. He saw us coming and took off. Must have realized you no longer needed help and you were in good hands.”

 River snorted, “Nice cover up, Rave.”

 Human Raven punched River’s arm, “I said, shut up, River!”

 I shook my head, “Raven wouldn’t have run off. He was keeping me safe.”

 Human Raven shrugged, “I don’t know what to tell you, kid. I’m telling you the truth, and if you don’t believe that it’s not our fault. Now come on, let’s get you to safety.”