Chapter 6

Raven ran through the woods back to the pack. Once he found his way back he was quickly found by one of the members. It was a female named Silver Mist. She was a gray wolf with green eyes and was thinner than most in the pack. She was an elder wolf and everyone respected her.

  Sir, welcome back, she bowed her head to me slightly.

  He nodded his greeting, Thank you, Elder Silver Mist. How has the pack been during my leave?

  Chaotic, Sir. Your mother, Willow, has been causing chaos. She claims you are trying to get our pack killed. Claims, you are protecting a human female. Is any of this true, Sir?

  He looked down and shook his head, None of the accusations are true, Elder Mist. My mother is trying to get the pack to turn against me.

  I believe you, Sir, you are excruciatingly honest and wouldn’t do anything to endanger us. However, I’m sure the pack doesn’t feel that way. They would feel much better if these accusations were put to rest by perhaps, your second in command?

  He sighed, River is currently off completing and task I have assigned him. He has been with me all day, but I needed to check in with the pack.

  Silver Mist looked at Raven and shook her head, Until River returns, Sir, you must prepare yourself for the disrespect from the pack.

  He growled and shook his head, Whether they think I am in the wrong or not, I am still the pack leader.

  Silver Mist nodded, Of course, I know this, Sir.

  Raven nodded, Good. Now, I must be off, thank you for the update, Elder Mist.

  Anything to serve you, Sir.

  Silver Mist didn’t say anything just turned and left running off back to her mate. Raven kept walking through the camp until he found Brutal and his mother. He walked over to Brutal slowly and he bowed his head quickly before turning to Raven’s mother who was calmly laying down on the ground sleeping.

  Brutal looked back at his leader, I assume you would like an update, Sir.

  Don’t assume, Brutal, just give me the update, I said calmly.

  Brutal and Raven respected each other greatly. Nothing could ever be said for him to stop respecting him. He’s already told Raven that he was the best leader the pack has ever had in his life. He even knew about Raven and River’s secret. He was a black world with a white patch of fur on his chest. He had brown eyes and was bigger, but not stronger, than Raven. Brutal and Raven used to fight when Raven was younger, but he was finally beaten by the smaller wolf and he has respected the white wolf ever since.

  Right, so she’s been quiet for only a little bit. She got tired after she was stomping around yelling and screaming about how you are going to get us all killed. It took a few warnings and a bite to her neck for her to finally lay down and shut up. Brutal looked at me before looking at my mother, She seems calm now, but we can’t keep her like this forever. She’ll eventually go at it again. What should we do?

  Raven shook his head, I haven’t yet decided.

  Liar.

  Raven looked at the wolf laying on the ground in front of him. His mother was staring at him, her lips pulled back from her teeth as she glared at the white wolf. What are you claiming? Raven asked her baring his teeth at her.

  She rolled her eyes at him and started to stand up, but Brutal growled at her and she laid back down, You already know what you want to do with me. You want me dead. Admit it, everyone knows! Don’t pretend like you’re a saint. Do us all a favor and stop acting like a scared little pup! This is why I say you will be the one to kill us all.