6-Facing safety

When I woke up, I screamed. Not because I found myself back in a parking lot, freezing and defenseless, but in my own bed, in my own apartment.

The pain in my now heavily bruised wrist and the number of small boxes on my nightstand made clear that this either hadn't been just a nightmare or hadn't ended quite yet. Whatever it was, had been here. And here, I couldn't escape.

However, the pain was too vivid. Too sharp. I held my arm, curling into myself like a hurt dog for multiple minutes. He was in my system. My bloodstream and the electronic devices that happened to be ever so present.

He was here. Knew about my life and uncovered my biggest lies.

Fuck.

Suddenly, I felt like all these cameras around me were spying on me. It should have been impossible, really. Not only because it was a severe crime to hack into a home system, something most people were unable to do or found themselves in prison for, but also because I enjoyed a few luxuries, such as an enhanced firewall in case something in court went wrong. Really wrong. This system was meant to protect me from exactly those things that were happening to me right now.

Maybe it was exactly that. Somebody that tried to bribe me in order to get a statement to his advantage. Something he could bring me to state in those little records, playing with the life of people I didn't even know. But there was no reason to. Not a single case of such importance. AsLaws as lowly as gammas weren't given those. I had rarely a case with any importance.

There was no reason to do those things to me. Even less one to take my blood.

How I yearned to make the security system call the emergency number. I was sure they would interfere.

Certain they would search the whole apartment. Aware there would be a lot of things I would have to explain.

Oh, this case, they would love.

Give all importance to. Armstrongs omega, that lived.

I bit my tongue, staring onto the ceiling like I would find the answer up there. And the next time I blinked, my alarm reminded me that it was morning again. Made me breathe out a heavy sigh.

And peeling myself out of bed, I grabbed towel and a bottle of water before changing into something less uncomfortable than my now ruined dress shirt. There was a generous amount of blood for something that should cause any damage.

But actually, the puncture inside my elbow wasn't looking too good. Was ripped to a cut. The stranger had no clue how to do it right.

I sighed, wrapping it up with a bandage I found in the first aid kit. Left it to be. Left my mind as well in order to search for a place that wasn't making me feel so claustrophobic.

Even when the gym wasn't one of my favorite places to be.

Because the moment I stepped into it, I felt like people were laughing at me. Stalking me like hawks, they knew more about my training then I did.

Knew that I enjoyed the training, just hated the attention. Lived for the thrill of overstepping limits, feeling my muscles arch and knowing that I was building myself a possibility of defense. That it was a useful tool and not something slowing me down. That people would see it. See me.

I pulled through two and a half hours. Having no work today, I wasn't really limitated in senses of time. My arm wasn't troubling me, at least not as bad as the lack of medication, sleep and a clear mind. The last rep I forced my arms to pull me up the power tower however, I could see a red spot forming in the bandage, bit my lip in frustration.