7-Facing fights

Damari had the softest hands I had ever felt. And ever since he forced me to sit down in the kitchen, I couldn't help but think about the fact how good these long and slender fingers would fit to the keyboard of a piano. Their movements were fine and controlled, careful and strategic.

They worked managed to work steadily and quick, picking up another ice cube, holding it against my cheek before they let it melt against bruised skin, circling the multicolored spot in perfect patterns, careful to keep me unharmed and out of pain.

Damari hadn't said a word more than necessary, but his angry glare that kept switching from Arnaxis to me and back in mere seconds. And it was enough to shut us up as well. Well, to this point. It was to mention that I never managed to keep my voice low for an elongated amount of time.

“It's not Arnaxis fault. That guy just blocked him off” Damari sighed, shaking his head. The bloody cut was still hidden underneath my beloved buttoned trench coat and I hoped it would stay this way. Arnaxis did too, apparently. Or just forgot about the minor wound.

“I'm not angry because of the two of you, Kyris. I just need you to be quiet, so I can keep brooding over that son of an ape” Tension left my body in seconds, making me look at Arnaxis who had already wandered off and found the now cold scrambled egg Tania had made for breakfast.

But the calm teddy eyes kept watching us while he munched some more of the soft, golden dish, his face relaxed and unbothered. He knew the whole time what really angered Damari and what to do in such a case. Of course he did. He always managed to.

“I kicked him first. Guess it's fair game” he didn't buy it for a second, simply brushing about the bruise as if he was trying to dust it away “Because you're such a violent person, so uncontrollable and primitive” None of us told him the full truth. Or rather, I didn't dare and Arnaxis didn't care. “Just a new alpha in my building that got a bit close. It's nothing to...”

“You stay in the guestroom” Damari pressed his lips into a thin line, drying his hands off to raise my chin with the tip off his fingers, glaring at the spot. I held his wrist, pulled away. I wasn't his doll. This was no damage done to him, only to me.

“I can watch myself. I live there, I'll stay there” he just shook his head, and beside tensing his muscles to the point where I could see their outlines through his button up, he was not moving closer. Not even touching me. Just talking, waiting for me to react.

“There's protection here Kyris” Protection. How often was I supposed to prove that I didn't need that? That I wanted to stay on my own?

That I was fine on my own. Could handle. I was alright. I was perfectly fine. That I didn't need all so mighty alphas to fight my battles “I'm not one of these sickly omegas. I will protect myself Damari, no need to pamper me” I should have known that it riled him up. Made him sit more straight and let his face fall stoic.

He wasn't keen on my view of the things, especially concerning his favorite element of study. He didn't want the opinion of someone who had seen dark corners of the world as well.

“This is not about your class Kyris. You happen to put any other twink in your shadow and I can't even think of any human more fierce. But this is just dangerous”

Twink.

He called me a... I was no...

“I'm not a twink. I'm not an omega. And I'm sure as hell not your responsibility” I was shouting by now. Rage building inside my body. My heart pumping this awful venom into every corner of my body. It was poisoning my blood.

“Why do you care anyway? We work together. Nothing more.” I could not be around alphas. I shouldn't be “This is exactly why we have those problems in the first place. Alphas huffing and puffing about their superiority” Damari was getting angry as well “I'm trying to keep you safe, not enslave you. There is someone obviously not keen on being pushed back by you, just waiting for another encounter. Giving that to him now is idiocy”