Chapter 4: We Aren't That Different

Sorry it took so long to update, even with all my other books. I found out a few months ago my 9 year old lab (my dog) has cancer, and she has 4 months. It's been four months and we had to take her to the vet and guess what? She has a month, maybe. So I've been stressed and depressed. Shes 9 and I've had her for as long as I can remember. I'm 16 (yes I still like Ninjago... get over it I cant stand most of the current teenage shows my peers watch) and this dog has been with me through middle and high school, my parents divorce, moving states, and family drama. So in a month or so if I go dark completely for a while it's because she died. I'll probably post about it so everyone knows that's why. And because freaking school starts in less than a month.

Anyway. Enjoy.

Unedited⚠️

Word count: 4123

Y/N's P.O.V

I groaned as I woke up. My alarm is the most annoying thing in the world. But, I have to get to school super early today. I want to practice the guitar and singing before B/F/N gets to school so we can talk about the project. I felt kinda confident today, knowing about Cole. So I dressed confidently. But still me, I'll leave the skimpy clothing to the cheerleaders.

I got out my Imagine Dragons band tee that I had DIYed. I put it on, and man, am I glad it turned out good because I would have been so sad about ruining this shirt. The DIY was simple. I cut the tee so it was at a place were it was just over the belt line of my high waisted black ripped jeans. I then added a key ring in the middle of the front and back and attached two different lengths of jewelry chains to each side. (LaurDIY) I was really happy with how it came out. I put on said jeans, an a pair of silver combat boots. I put my hair up in a half up half down style, the half up being in a bun, like Coles.

I hate makeup, at least face stuff, so I put on simple eye liner and mascara. The black makes my E/C pop. That was about it. I grabbed my stereotypical black Jansport back pack that had very few books(them being in my locker), my computer, phone and phone stuff, wallet, things like that. I also grabbed my silver Beats and put them on. Imagine Dragons playing of course. I grabbed an apple and started my walk to school.

Once I got there, I went to the music room. I quickly texted B/F/N that she should meet me here. She responded with an ok, and she would be here in 30. Which was plenty of time. I turned on my computer and opened up the app I use to help me with my guitar tuning. I used a cord to plug my guitar into my computer and made sure that I could hear the guitar through my headphones.

I had finished tuining my guitar, so I started a song I had learned. Its Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit. It's a really good song. I started the melody on the guitar and started singing.

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
And no one knows what it's like
To be hated
To be faded to telling only lies

But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through