Rahim x Female!Reader

"Morning (y/n)." Kyle greeted, letting himself into your shared room without knocking, although you didn't mind and regularly returned the gesture.
"Morning Kyle, bitch." Sitting up you let your eyes adjust on the man before you.
"Is there any need for that, dick?"
"There's all the need man, what did you wake me up for?"
"What day that we've been here so far haven't we been out on?"
"Uuugghhhh smartass." Removing the slightly bloodied sheet from yourself you got up from on top of your sleeping bag.
"Now that's the spirit!" Crane rejoiced.
"Sshhh."

"J-aha-Jesus Christ." You leaned against the wall behind you and panted heavily.
"Right?" Crane responded mirroring you.
"That was insane Kyle." You turned to the man beside yourself and held him tightly. Kyle held you back tight as ever.
"Yeah it fucking was."
You'd both been out late attempting to go after any antizin you could, this then turned into a bit of a late run, into an even later run, to a night run, that's when the volatiles came out.

"What's going on?" A new voice revealed themself to your ears as you removed yourself from Crane's chest and turned. You both still hadn't jumped up into the Tower properly and were standing close to the ledge trying to collect yourselves.

"Who's there?" The voice spoke again in a thick accent, along with it this time a person appeared, kneeling above you both was a boy around your age lit up by the blue lights around. He wore a red shirt with a fist on it, dark messy hair looking somehow soft even in these conditions, cute goggles, hardened expression and a slit in his eyebrow, he seemed alright enough.

"Rahim, it's just us." Ah so Kyle knows him-score.
"Us?" He jumped down to see you both properly, glancing at you once and rapidly doing a double-take, resting his eyes on you for maybe a second too long as his expression softens. You take the chance to look at him more, he seemed entranced.
Kyle clears his throat as Rahim's eyes shoot back to him and pulls his hands up fumbling with his goggles nervously, making sure he looked presentable.
"Right so this-." Kyle gestures to you.
"-Is (y-(l/n), I found her and took her in. She's with me a lot of the time and I'm the one that speaks to people for us so I'm not surprised you haven't met her before."

This was true although not exactly the full story. Back home you had been taken in as a young trainee, they saw real potential and skill in you so the GRE tasked Kyle with teaching you, he became like an older brother figure and the two of you inseparable. When he was sent to Harran alone you raged and wouldn't listen anybody (as if you listened to anybody but him anyway)-he too was upset-they split up a team! It wasn't that neither of you couldn't handle yourselves alone but it felt like losing a part of yourself any time you were split up, each of your stubbornness on the matter ended in the GRE dropping you into Harran too.

"..Nice to meet you." He broke you out of your thoughts speaking slow as you stepped closer reaching out a hand.
"Likewise, please-call me (y/n)." Kyle looked at you shocked you never let anybody else call you by your first name.
"(Y/n)..." he took your hand seemingly in thought.
"That's a pretty name, suits you." You giggled causing him to smile in a way Kyle hadn't seen before, now it makes sense. He had been a fool to not notice sooner.
"(Y/n) I'm gonna go give this to the quartermaster." Turning to look at him he was holding back his grin, failing of course as you gave one back.
"Okay I'll see you in a bit." Kyle had jumped up and left the two of you in your silence.

"So-." You both spoke cutting each other off and laughing.
"You first." You told him smiling uncontrollably.
"I was just going to ask if you'd like to go sit on the roof or something? I don't really find people my age and you're the first that I'd want to be around."
"Lead the way Rahim." His smile brightened if that was even possible as the pair of you ascended and waited on the elevator to come.

"Holy shit." Rahim softly let go of the door to the roof as you stared upward amazed.
"What is it (y/n)?" He approached standing to your left.
"It's so beautiful up here." You gazed upward at the stars above as he was distracted looking only at you, although going unnoticed so far.
"It really is..."

A/N: I also take requests leave them in the comments if you'd like to read anything in particular and I hope you enjoy, criticism and general feedback is welcome too. :)