CHAPTER 02: The Awakening Of Power

I know wouldn't be able to defeat this guy but hey, at least I  have to try right??

. . .

I faced the dragon with an uncertain gaze in my slimish body, trembling with fear every second I look at him. I thought he wouldn't notice me, so I tried entering the pond even deeper. To my surprise, the dragon rose and roared. Burst of lightning, blazes of flame rained from the sky. The Dragon roared at me countless times.

"Who dares enter my territory without permission? YOU..?! You dare enter the grounds where I rule and you thought I wouldn't notice? Foolish creature, you shall be obliterated into nothingness!" The dragon roared enraged with fury.

Seeing the situation like this, I immediately backed off and tried to run away. I backed up slowly and hid behind a rock. All of a sudden the chaos stopped. I looked back at the dragon to see him apologizing to me.

"I'm sorry little slime. It has been a million years since I last talked with another being. Would you mind hearing my story first?" The dragon said to me in a small humble voice.

I mean I know he  nearly got me a panic attack. But when I look at him, he seems like he's just an innocent dragon. Because I am a really kind woman, I decided to hear him out.

"Sure!" I said with an encouraging tone.

.

.

.

"Oy! You said you wanted for me to hear you story but why aren't you saying anything? I said, annoyed by the dragon's actions.

"Oh, I am sorry. I don't know where I should start." He said sadly

"Just pick a part and start. Stop thinking, start talking!" I said as I gave him a piece of advice.

"Alright. It all began 3.000.000 years ago. Where mankind and other creatures lived in absolute peace. I was born long before that. I had a little brother, his name was Mort. He is a divine dragon of darkness, while I am the divine dragon of light. We would spar with each other to see who is stronger. But then when we were finished sparing with each other, Mort saw humans practicing the dark arts. The dark arts were forbidden magic, because the price for using the dark arts is catastrophic. But nevertheless, my little brother was greedy for power."

I was trembling as I listened to his story. I can feel that he suffered more than me. So I stopped mumbling and listened to his story again.

"Therefore, he changed into his human form and practiced the dark arts with other humans. I tried to let this matter go. But as I see him being crazier and crazier for the dark arts, I just couldn't let him be. So I tried to persuade him. Tried to talk some sense with him. But he was beyond reasoning. So we fought, and I won but with a great price. I sacrificed the majority of the dragon race for I didn't want to kill him, for I love my brother too much. I casted out my brother to the Plains of Desolation and left him there. Everything was peaceful again, when suddenly I saw a human heading towards the Plains of Desolation. That man put a Black crystal with an insane amount of energy inside my brother's body. My brother awoke and he roared. When I saw the face of that man. I despised him. So I left the plains and went out to the capital in my human form, when I overheard a private meeting. In that meeting I saw a man. He talked with the other people that attended the meeting. The King and Queen were also there. This could be and important matter. So I kept listening. And that man told them about my brother. I was shocked. How did he know? Then I looked at him, and everything was clear. That man was the same human that inserted the black crystal into my brother's body. I was furious. But I cannot go on a rampage in the capital kingdom. So I exited the capital and went home. There I was thinking of my options. After a long time thinking about it I decided to learn magic.