The Meadow Pack

Y/N's POV:

Shadow was rude for leaving me alone like that, but I'm glad I gave him a taste of his own medicine.

After crossing the stream, we fell into silence which was fine by me. I was paying attention on my family more than him anyway.

I can tell that we were getting close. I recognized that amazing sent anywhere. I smiled while I kept walking.

'Well aren't you beaming with joy...' I hear my wolf say. I smile and told her that I'm very happy. I get to see my family again.

But...something...doesn't feel right. Why, of all people, did Shadow wanted to take me to my family?

Other than hearing how "hot" he is, I heard from a few students that he's fearsome and doesn't give a shit about anything when it comes to other people.

So if Shadow doesn't care then why take me anywhere?

Shadow walks up beside me and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. As if he can tell that I'm questioning about our unusual visit to my pack.

'A penny for your thoughts, dear. What's wrong?' I hear Shadow ask in my head.

I stop and look at him, making him stop as well. I wanted to make sure I had his full attention.

"...Why?... Why do you want to take me to my family?" I say as I across my arms.

"Sure we may have spoken to each other from time to time for school, but other than that, you don't talk to me at all... So why?" I look at him thinking that he might not answer me but-

"Mmm..." he started...

"Because you should have the right to do what's right for you. You should do what makes you happy. It's not fair that you don't get to make your own choices..." he said as he leaned towards me.

"Your from the Black Moon pack, why do you suddenly care about me and my life problems?" I say pointing out the fact that he's from a dangerous pack. He sighs and looks away from me.

"...You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover... Just because I'm from there, doesn't mean I don't care about some people and that I follow after my father..." He looks at me like I've gotten this all wrong.

I gasp about how easily open he was to me about him. I guess that makes sense, since he hangs out with his wolf friends more than humans.

"...Haven't you heard that wolves from your pack and other packs wonder about your absence? Have you even heard that they wonder if your dead?...We wolves should to stick together, Y/N, even if we aren't in the same pack..." Shadow keeps turning and looking away from me a few times and a slight blush rises in his cheeks.

I couldn't help but smile a bit. I thought that him blushing was cute. But I kept calm and continued to listen.

"I understand that you and your family miss each other. And that the more you spent time with the humans, the more experience is decreased from you and your wolf. So I thought that taking you to them would make you happy, to be honest. But...it's alright if you want to go back...
I understand if I'm making you feel uncomfortable..." Shadow's back faced in front of me.

I look down to the ground to think about my answer. But I thought about when he was at my friend's house and when I hit him with my car door... Could it be just his weird way of looking out for me? And he just wants me to be...happy again?...

"Shadow, can I ask you something?..."I say as I begin to walk again with Shadow following me from behind.

"Yes, love...?" Shadow says with a soft and gentle tone in his deep voice.

I looked down and think about my question before I asked,

"Was that why you were at my best friend's house?...To look out for me?"
I had a slight blush on my face. It's a good thing that he can't see it. I waited for his response.

"...I was only there because a friend of mine lived near your...human
friend."

*Sigh...*

It's not like I would have known, I don't pay attention to his friends. And I get that he doesn't like humans that much, but I think humans are cool...in a loud, funny, weird kind of way. Now I feel kind of bad for hitting him with my car door...

"But once I saw you, I was...concerned about you being with humans. They can be...reckless."

I look at him...

"Not all humans are bad you know..." I say.

"You may think that way,...but do you really think that they'll still like you after they find out what you really are?..." Shadow looks at me back.

Now...I never really thought about what people would think about me being a werewolf. I mean it never really mattered to me.

"But if they did find out then, there's no doubt that some people will not like us...but I mean-"

"Y/N, you need understand that some people are going to be afraid of things that they don't understand..." Shadow cuts me off. He stops walking making me stop too. Sure, he may have a point but there's no harm in trying to help them understand.

I look up to a strong familiar sent of flowers. I immediately smiled and began run towards it. Shadow runs after me close to me. I stop in front of two familiar tall bushes. I push them apart to see...my home.

I can't believe that I'm home. I see that it's as beautiful as the day I left. I couldn't stop smiling. But then...

I backed up away from the bushes. Shadow looks at me with a confused look. He walks up to me and places his warm hands on my shoulders.

"What's wrong, my love?...Aren't you excited to be here?"

"I am, I-I really am, but..." I look down feeling a little shaky.

"But?..." Shadow gently lifts my face up so that I was looking into his crimson eyes. Now I feel more shaky since he's so close. But I didn't want to admit that. I look at his mesmerizing lips then quickly look at his eyes.

"I'm a little nervous" I say crossing my arms.

"It's okay, you don't have to be nervous. Your people will be thrilled to see you..."

I smile at him and I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Shadow,...for doing this for me. And...I'm sorry for misjudging you..." I say feeling like I was beginning to blush.

"It's okay..." Shadow says as he moves aside so that I can see the bushes again.

"...Okay, I can do this.."

Me and Shadow walked towards the bushes again and entered "Meadow".