four: Leannan ☽

You were awaken by your body being shaken by a pair of hands. Your immediate reaction was to start screaming and kicking. You thought it was 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮. That 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 were the ones shaking you. To do the same routine as you have been for 3 and a half years.

Wake up. Handcuffs. Straight jacket. Eat. Hit, punched, kicked. Drink some water. Get your wounds wrapped from the guards. Go back to your "room". Handcuffs off. Try and sleep. And the same thing the next day. For 3 years. All 1095 days. Every single day was the exact same.

"Hey Y/n! Y/n calm down it's just me." You heard that same deep voice.
"It's Colby, calm down" He said, fear laced in his voice. As he spoke, you slowly faded back into reality, immediately apologizing, feeling sorrow for the few people who saw.
"Sorry, bad dream. Are we here?" You asked, throwing out the sweetest voice you could to cover up the angered one inside of you.

𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸.
𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵.

You walked slowly behind Colby, your short legs trying to keep up with him, as he had quite long legs. You looked up, taking in the view of the huge mansion in front of you.

Corey opened the door from you, still giving you that same uneasy look he gave you when Colby first got to you. As you walked inside, following Jake now, a medium sized black dog came up to you, but immediately backed away.

She started to bark, and bark, over and over. Corey tried calming her down.
"Navi, here Navi... bro, she like never barks." He whispered the last part to Sam, who now had that same uneasy look, as his eyes were concentrated on you.

Navi, you assumed was the black dogs name, was now bearing her teeth at you, still barking, this time louder.
You reached down to try to pet her, maybe to calm her, only to have her lunge at you, mouth open and teeth showing. Colby caught her just in time before she could fully attack you.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩.
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬.

Just ask Colby put Navi out into the backyard. a small girl, with dark hair and a sharp jawline came from the steps, and stopped right in her tracks, making direct eye contact with you.
"Um Corey.. who's this? I thought you were just exploring?" You sensed her fear as she asked Corey.

Just then Colby had stepped right in front of you, almost in a protective matter.
"We found her at the asylum, she was dumped there by her ex.. so we decided to help her." He looked back at you, giving you a reassuring glance.

"Well, we should get you cleaned up yeah? You can use Corey and I's bathroom, bath or shower?" She asked in the softest voice you've ever heard. You weren't used to people using this tone with you... their vulnerable voice.
"A bath would be nice.. thank you so much." You said, trying to mimic her soft voice.

You followed what you learned her name to be Devyn, up the stairs and into a large bedroom.
She lended you a tan towel and a smaller one to match it.  She brought candles in and set them up around the bath, setting a calming feeling into your chest.

At this point, you almost felt at peace with yourself, 𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵.
You felt this warm feeling, as if everything was going to turn out okay for you.