six: Oíche☾

.・゜゜・𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙨・゜゜・.

Colby said the house was hosting a party tonight, and that random people would probably show up. He asked you if you would feel more comfortable staying with him throughout the party or just staying in his room until it's over and everyone left.

"I think I'll probably just stay in your room, that way you know where I'm at the whole time" you squeaked out not making eye contact with him as you two sat at the table in the kitchen that was connected to the island in the center.

"That's fine I mean it's totally up to you and whatever you want to do, I don't want to force you to anything you won't feel comfortable with." Colby spoke back in a quiet tone. He's so gentle, a drastic change to what you've become used to over the past few years.

You only looked at him, his eyes meeting yours with a hint of concern hidden behind the blue orbs. You feel as though he's still a little frightened by you, or what your full past is. You barely know each other but you can tell you're becoming more and more comfortable with him as time goes on. You shouldn't do that, you shouldn't let people in because everytime you do, they leave. you've dealt with so much pain in loosing people that you've cared for in the past that you thought it would be best to not care. Colby seems to be an exception, he makes you feel safe, like you matter.

That's all you really want, is to feel safe. For what seems like a long time, you haven't felt safe or like you matter. Being locked away from everyone and everything except for yourself and your mind, you start to overthink if you really even have a purpose for being here at all, here alive on Earth. You've always wondered about this, if you have a purpose, or what it is. For some reason everytime you think about your future, you can't seem to visualize anything, everything is dark, almost as if you don't even have a future.

"I hope so" you muttered under your breath to yourself. You quickly looked away from Colby, not wanting him to question you on what you said or what you meant. You felt as though you're being weighed down by something but you can't even lift your head up enough to look at what it is. Maybe it's because you lied to this group of people who are just trying to life their carefree life in L.A., everyone's dream. You quickly wrapped up your thoughts to bring your attention back to Colby who was waving his hand in front of your face.

"Hey you there?" Colby quietly chuckled while trying to gain your attention. He seemed a little off, maybe it was because he kissed you and he thought you didn't want it. Of course you did, who wouldn't want this gorgeous blue eyed boy to kiss him? Though it was a little unexpected and maybe moving a little to fast but what does he care?

"So I was thinking to get you up there soon because people are already showing up, Jake just texted me saying people are out front." Colby said as he got up and reaching his hand out for you to take.
"Do you want any snacks or something to drink? We have white claws and shit but if you don't want alcohol then I think you're out of luck... that's all we have" he said laughing again.

"I think I'm good" you replied back while taking his hand and walking towards the stairs with him. His grip was a little loose on your hand, which you changed by squeezing his a little. A little bit of a bold move for you but you were gaining a little confidence with being around Colby.

As you guys arrived at his door you let go of his hand, walking over and face-planting straight onto his bed, taking in his scent that was displayed all over the sheets. You didn't feel physically tired, just emotionally drained. This change from A to B was a lot, you've become accustomed to life in your cell that you forgot what life outside was, and what a real bed was apparently. You had a cot back in the cell, which a paper-thin blanket and pillowcase filled with newspaper as your pillow. Not only that, but you're interacting with actual humans other than guards, and a dog. You were never really a dog person but they're cute, you like cats better. They don't need constant attention and they're low maintenance. They keep their distance, which is exactly how you liked. Cats need their own alone time, and so did you. But they didn't seem to have a cat in the house at the time. Probably because of the wild parties that are thrown here from what you've heard.