five: Ólta ☕︎︎

As you woke up the next morning, you noticed a weight around your waist, and your head was laying on an arm. You looked down at the arm wrapped around your waist and back up at Colby's face.
His lips were parted slightly with soft breaths coming from his mouth. He was still in his clothes from last night.
𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
You realized and thought to yourself; "I freaked last night, that's why he's in here, he comforted me when I needed help." This episode wasn't nearly as bad as the usual ones are, this was nothing of anything. It could've gotten so much worse than it was if Colby hadn't come in and stopped you.
You realized an ache in your fingers from pulling your hair last night. You felt a slight pain in your calf too. You quickly jumped to sit straight up and look at your leg that was uncovered by the blanket that Colby took.
Colby. Right. He's here.
You looked over at him as he squirmed around, waking up at your sudden movements.
"Sorry I didn't realize I fell asleep in here last night" he said in a deep raspy voice.
"It's okay, I should be the one who's apologizing to you actually. I'm sorry about last night, I didn't realize what I was doing." You said in a quiet voice, your back turned to him.
"I understand, bad dream I guess?" He laughed slightly, trying to make it seem less worse than what it actually was.
"I guess you could put it that way." You said as you moved off the bed and stood up finally.

𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑘, 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦

"No. I won't." You said under your breath as the voice in your head kept talking to you, saying nasty things.
"Why do you always ruin everything for me?" You asked a little louder, gaining Colby's attention.
He looked over at you with a somewhat concerned and puzzled look on his face.
"What? If you don't want me in here I'll leave." He said with a tint of sadness in his voice.
"No no sorry I wasn't talking to you.." You said unsure of how to word your sentence without seemed insane. Which you totally are but he doesn't know that yet.

𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡. 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚. ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

The nicer said of your head said to you. It's like you have an angel and a devil on each of your shoulders. The Fallen Angel, the one who makes you go crazier by the second. And then there's the actual Angel, who finds the peacefulness side of your brain, the one who makes everything. With being around Colby, the angel has been around more to talk rather than the fallen angel. All these people, in this house, can help you.

𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑦

"Hey Colby, how long has Navi been here?" 
You asked remembering last nights events with Navi constantly barking at you.
"Oh so you like dogs? Navi has been here ever since Devyn moved in, she's Devyn's dog." He said answering your question.
You just nodded in response, not wanting to talk more about that subject. You slowly walked over to the door leaving Colby alone in his room.
You run into a tall body as soon as you step two feet out the door. Man what is with me and always running into people now a days?
"Sorry y/n! I was just coming in to get you guys for breakfast! Kat came over and made pancakes!" Jake exclaimed as you looked up at him.
"Don't worry I'm the one who ran into you" you laughed slightly.
Jake seemed to relax a little more when he heard you laugh.
Wait. you laughed. That's the first time you've heard yourself laugh in forever.
You looked back up at him, looking into his eyes. They weren't blue like Colby's, nowhere near it.
"Wait, who's Kat?" you asked, realizing that's an unfamiliar name that you haven't heard yet.
"Oh yeah that's Sam's girlfriend, she doesn't live here with us." he answered almost as if it was the most obvious thing.
You soon felt a warm presence behind you, maybe about 2 feet away.
"Kat made breakfast? Sweet!" Colby said from behind you, making Jake take his eyes off yours.
"Yeah I'll meet you down there bro." Jake said looking at you one last time before turning around and walking down the steps.
Colby came closer behind you and whispered in your ear.
"Let's go get some pancakes yeah?"
You nodded ever so slightly and turned around to meet his eyes, only to see his flicker down at your lips.

𝑛𝑜. 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑒𝑡. 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑏𝑦. 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑙 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓.

You silently prayed that he wouldn't try and kiss you, after all you've only known each other for not even a day.
You kept your eyes on him as he looked back into you eyes, he must've seen the flash of fear that took over your face because he backed away about 3 feet away from you now.

𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑏𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑟.

Your mind thought. Plus for all he knows, you just got dumped at the asylum by your abusive boyfriend.
"Shall we?" you said is a quiet tone, a small smile playing on your lips.
"Yeah, yeah let's go." He seemed to regain his composure and shook his head.

As you two headed downstairs, there were more people here than there was last night. Sam, Corey, Elton, Jake, and Devyn, along with 2 more people were crowded around the island in the kitchen laughing and talking.
You realized there was a girl with bright blue hair, that must be Kat. And there was another guy who you didn't know yet.

Soon you felt something sniffing the side of your leg.

𝑛𝑎𝑣𝑖. 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑚. 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘. 𝑖𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑙, 𝑖 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒.

Navi slowly looked back up at you as she felt your eyes on her. You realized everyone was then staring at you, wondering if the same thing would happen again as last night. You slowly bent down to pet her again as you tried last night, and this time, she let you. She was a little fearful and ducked away at first but let you pet her.
A sigh a relief left your mouth, only to be followed by a scream as Navi bit your hand.
Corey was quick to jump up and grab Navi, taking her outside again.

𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑚 𝑖 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑔?

You felt Colby grip your other arm and lead you to another room, which turned out to be a bathroom. He grabbed band aids and other medical things to help your hand. You panicked, being reminded of the asylum and the nurses working on you with medical tools that they just abused you with.
Colby noticed your fear and looked into your eyes with concern laced in his own blue eyes.
You just nodded at him, reassuring him that it was okay for him to wrap up your hand.
You trusted Colby, and you don't know why. You haven't been able to trust humans for a while, but he just pops into your life and gains your trust immediately.

𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒. 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛, 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡, 𝑤𝑏𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑠?

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕! 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔?! 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚋𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛??? 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝? 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜!!!!!

𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 (𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜) 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎!!

𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎!

𝚍𝚝: 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚊𝚒𝚡𝚗