Life Is Hard

Dani has practically given up on her life. She misses her older brother like crazy, her and Mark had a kind of relationship that had no explaining and it honestly didn't need explaining. The two siblings were so close to one another that they were like best friends, they understood one another like no one else, not even their parents understood them like they did each other.

And when Mark left to the police academy of his drams, it left Dani with an empty hole in her heart, she felt weird and her world changed drastically. She felt depressed, for some reason she didn't care about herself anymore. For at least one week she didn't eat properly, but her best friend, Skye, did. But, the second Dani moved from Canada to South Korea, her mannerisms didn't really change, they just were slightly hidden so other students and teachers wouldn't notice it.

Nine years have passed since Mark left, he never called his younger sister, nor did he write to her. This made Dani feel like her older brother forgot her entirely. Dani even gave up on her studies for a term. She was also constantly bullied in school by some boys and girls, whereas there were students that felt sympathy for her, teachers most definitely did when they found out the reason she was so down during school hours. But Dani did get kicked out of school, not because of her bad grades, she did manage to pull her studies back up, but rather because she got into a physical fight with one of her bullies, paralyzing him from the neck down. And because her parents didn't want to risk having their daughter getting a bad reputation, they signed her up for online school, which worked. But what Dani's parents don't know, is the fact that she also earns money, which goes into her parents' bank account. She does street fighting (underground fighting) for which she earns a lot of money.

The name Dani Lee is very common and well known within the community that bet on the fighters, and Dani has only lost 3 times in her 4 years of fighting which is amazing for a 16-year-old like her.

Dani woke up, she got changed, checked for her parents, and they weren't home, she grabbed something to eat as she made her way to the abandoned underground stating where the fighting always took place. "Morning Dani." Tim greeted the young girl, the 33-year-old man was like a father to Dani, so he always greeted the girl. "Morning uncle Tim." Dani smiled as she left to the room Tim and his wife made for her in the underground station, she sometimes slept there when her parents fought or had an argument.

The second she opened the door to her "room" she sat down on her bed. She unlocked her phone, looking at the picture she downloaded onto her phone that her dad took of Mark and her when they were little. That picture was her favourite, it was the only picture she actually loved because it didn't hold too many memories. There then was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" Dani asked. "It's me, aunt Chia." The woman said as she opened the door. Dani sat up on the bed. "Has he still not contacted you yet?" Chia asked her little niece. Dani shook her head. "Does it still make you mad?" Chia asked, sitting down next to Dani, caressing her back. "We can talk about this later, but you're on, Dani." Chia said as she hugged Dani and then left the room. Dani then took her jacket off, and made her way out of her room.